V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bet this has been discussed before but im looking for opinions on this.I notice my oil pressure went from around 32 crusing to 16 one day and then 0 at a idle and the light came on.So i took it to the dealer since i have a extended warranty.They tested it and said the oil pump was failing and they would replace it.Well come to find out who ever owned it before me did the screaming eagle up grade tensioner and oil pump,cams and a bunch of other things.The dealer put a new pump in and i got it back today but i still notice the gauge will flucuate from 16 to 32 and sometimes it sticks right at 32.My question is which should i think about replacing the sender or the gauge.At idle i hold good pressure its between 6 and 13 depending on how hard i have been riding.This is new to me i went from a dyna to a ultra and i love it....But i keep a close eye on my gauges and i like them to be a little more accurate then bouncing up and down.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I'd start with the sender since it's the easiest. My '04 did that same thing on a SE 95" build, but a new sender made everything good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info i will pick one up and throw it in.Im redoing my front brakes right now the dealer said the light drag was normal and to deal with the noise.Well this isnt acceptable to me.So i pulled the callipers and cleaned it all and put some caliper grease on the pins and disc quiet on the back of the linings.Now all is well nice and smooth and quiet and i even have a better brake lever pressure then before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts