V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, was looking for some help with mapping on my 2004 HD RK classic. I am getting a lot of deceleration pooping and slightly rougher idle and sluggish at low RPM's. I know I am unfortunately limited with the PC III USB EX, but thought someone might have some suggestions or recommended map tunes I might try to help with this issue. I am running Vance and Hines Tapered Slash Cut slip ons, with a Vance and Hines VO2 air intake kit. Am currently running the 807-015 map. Any tweaking to this map I might be able to do that would help.Thanks,Ted

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
With the Power Commander you are currently running, you only have one adjustment that can be made to help with the popping on deceleration. On your current map you will want to add 4 degrees of timing in the 0 and 2 percent throttle columns.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for getting back to me, I kind of figured that was the case. So, I ordered the PC3 USB, so that I have the lower rpm and throttle tenability. Any suggested maps to try with the PC3 or just start with the standard 807-015 to start with?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, still getting a lot of decal popping at low rpm, bike seems to be running a little cooler but would like to lessen the popping. Any suggestions would be great. Ive added a little more fuel on the 0 and 2 throttle, but not sure of how much to try or if I should add a little timing or try a different map?
Thanks,
Ted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts