V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was last years project. Later in the year, I took a trip to Maine and about a week after I got back, I noticed my front tire went bald on one side. I've been riding motorcycles for 33 years now, and I've never seen or heard of anything like that. Needless to say, this happened in September 2019, and was the end of my riding season.
Long story short, this picture is what I found when I reopened the cam cover and took the bolt and washer off the crank sprocket this year. Yes, I did it! That problem is now solved, and I'm riding again.
I'm riding back to Maine next weekend. That'll tell me whether my tire was at fault in the second problem, or something on the bike. Time will tell...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No kinda’s about it...I definitely screwed that one up. I’m just glad I was able to correct it without any major damage!
Is your guy in the Tax U 2 Death State of CT...

·
Registered
16,704 Posts
You only missed it by ---> <---- that much.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Reactions: burnse66

·
Registered
73 Posts
How the hell u not bend some valves...talk about retarding the cam, surprised it had any power

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I rode it from CT to ME today, about 255 miles. I throw a code here and there, and it’s always P0113, which says IAT high or open. It don’t pass the wiggle test so I know what to do with that when I get back...
Other than that, a great ride. My first one really this year of significant mileage.
Going to eat some fukking lobster tomorrow...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts