V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..
I love the look of the solo seat on my 04 deuce, but i couldnt stand the hardware from the Corbin Hollywood solo sticking out the back...

SO, i was looking for a seat that was low, sleek and looked similar to a solo, the Corbin "STINGER" would have been perfect...but of course, you Deuce owners know what im going to say... "EXCEPT DEUCE"...so, i looked at the Corbin Young Guns, the passenger pillion looked to high (i dont ride the wife that much, and if i do, i kept the original seat) but i hate to change...anyway...

I bought the HD Badlander Leather seat...nice, low, sleek and the pillion doesnt sit to high, so it doesnt look to stupid in the back...

QUESTION, does anyone have any other ideas?? i didnt take delivery yet on the Badlander...

another question.. WTF doesnt anyone make alot of seats for the Deuce, Its argubly the nicest bike Harley makes....:xhere:

·
05 Deuce
263 Posts
I hate to say this, but you'll get tired of the HD Badlander,
I did. The only thing its got going for it is you can use the HD sissy bar and does offer decent back support. It's hard,
a bit too wide at the front, and doesn't quite look right in regards to the clean lines of the Deuce. Big names in seats, Mustang, Corbin, Saddlemen, Lepera, and Danny Gray. I'll probably change to a custom solo seat. The majority of Deuces I've seen with two up seats, were Mustang seats. Corbin has good selection of styles, but I heard they're hard and pricey. I sat on a Lepera, real thin, but comfy with the gel. Saddlemen has a nice two upper, with wide passenger padding. I researched a bit on seats when I was at the bike show.

·
'04 FXSTDI
906 Posts
I have 4 seats.
The stock seat. Hasn't been on the bike in a long while.
Corbin Gunfighter and Lady. For touring. Used it on my 2700 trek to Sturgis, montana and back last Aug. Worked great. Very comfortable.
Corbin Hollywood Solo. On the bike most of the time. Amaal thin pillon and when I don't have the pillon on, I install a Motherwell's rack. I've started stretching my legs on this one.
Corbin Young Guns. Just got this one. Good compromise between the G&L and Hollywood.

If I could only have one?
Hollywood Solo.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You can also try sending the stock seat to harleyseats.com, they'll make it comfortable and put any kind of stitching/in-lays you want. I haven't sat on one of their seats, but Patty is very responsive to questions.

Jim

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
LePera King Cobra. Get the Gel one, you will like it in the long run.

Or they make other styles for the deuce

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Need a Seat

Thanks everyone...

Its all about looks here... i dont ride far and i am a far weather biker...ok go easy on me...

I love the look of the solo seat.. the Brawler is real nice. i had the Corbin Hollywood solo,,,liked it but i always thought it was missing something and the hardware showing really bothered me....

The Badlander looks sleek and low...and the person that said send it to harleyseats.com hit a bingo, however i heard their $$$$$

so, maybe i get the brawler with the color matched tail end piece???

its all about looks.. is the badlander that bad????

·
Registered
39 Posts
nice seat

I recently put a DANNY GRAY short hop 2 up seat on my bike. The seat is constructed great. Fits perfect and the leather seating surface is really comfortable. It drops your but down and back a little farther than the stock seat. The rear pillion is small, and not very comfortable but is ok for short rides. Take it for what its worth, but I think its one of the best seats on the market!
POP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
badlander seat

I just got my Badlander seat...ITS THE SAME SEAT THAT CAME STOCK WITH MY DEUCE!!!!!!

different stitching....thats all...!

oh well

·
05 Deuce
263 Posts
If you're not happy with the Badlander, take it back. They should give you a refund if you still have the box and didn't use it much. At least my dealer here is good about returns, except helmets. I have the same seat, and was happy with it for a while as compared to the stock seat, but I know there are better seats available. It's all about getting good feedback here and making the decision. Although I am contemplating modifying either the stock seat or the Badlander myself. I hear it's not rocket science, I just want to trim a little here and there, and maybe add gel. Believe me, the seat isn't the only thing you'll be changing twice on your bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts