V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. I have heard a couple of rumors that H-D may being doing something special, or major, to the baggers in the 2004 model year. Has anyone else heard this? If so, what specifically? All info, no matter how unsubstantiated will be appreciated.

I may want to get an Electra Glide Standard to customize, but it would be cool if the baggers were going to get an upgrade anyway. Definitely dont want a 2003, I'm a little disappointed in them. Thought after a 100 years H-D would do something really big with them, but I guess they are watching for sales after the 100 year mark as well.

Budman

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've heard they are going to be coming out with a six cylinder down the road sometime.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Rumors Rumors Rumors

I'm back from an out of town seminar. Posted in some detail about the results of my personal discussions with 2 MoCo rep's. from the Kansas City plant in the V-Rod Forum.

Rumors. Rumors. Rumors. I did not get any positive feedback about the possibility of having the VRSC engine installed in a touring platform in the 2004 model year.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Only a six, I herd 8 and a duel wheel set up, Honda will not have any thing up on us Harley guys:D

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
They will not tell you or me, but they better have something pretty significant on the baggers for 04.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me to see something fairly new make it's debut in spring of 2003.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was told that the 04 Baggers will have have the Revolution engine,with a re-worked tran. to give it more torque. I was going to get an 03 but am going to wait for the 04 now. What ever it is I am sure they are trying to progress on the EPA regs. But what will the SOUND be like?????.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Don't make me trade in my ratty a$$ 03 bagger for a branditty new 04! Somebody slap me. What the hell am I saying?

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Harley has always been very, very good about not releasing advance info on new stuff. Rumors, rumors, everywhere. Anyone that's making a flat out statement at this time about what's coming on the 04 models is just guessing, IMHO, even if it's a dealer.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Say What...

Ok, I guess I asked for it with the unsubstantiated part. What I was hearing was something much less radical than a VRSC motor and the like as well as the 6 cylinder stuff.

I was hearing something along the order of a 95" motor and hydraulic clutch type of thing. I would like to see that as well, but I didn't know if that rumor was just idle gossip.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
That might make sense in a way. HD saw the 95" upgrade as a cash cow, but in reality has lost 95% (he, he!!) of that business to independent machine shops and builders as even new Harley people have figured out they can do much better either with an independent or doing their own stuff. These people never go back to the dealers.

Now that they have the 103" pretty much down pat it makes sense for them to take the easy upgrade away. The 103" isn't the sort of thing most would be doing in their own garage as of yet. They may view it as a way to bring at least some owners back to the dealers.

The downside of it may be that since it is so easy to upgrade to 95" this change alone isn't likely to get too many thinking about trading bikes if you consider the trade in values are falling like a rock due to the enormous oversupply of late model used bikes brought on by the 03's.

Guess we'll find out which way the cookie crumbles.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Maybe that's why they changed the bearings in the left case. No more delicate setup and measuring, now everyone at a dealer can slap one of these together.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just picked-up a "03" E/Glide,gun metal pearl,..."Gold Key", N "I" haven't got it broke, But I'm not THAT impressed with the power train,..
"MY" Indian, has a "S&S" in it,N "they" BOTH, "need" a 6 spd.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wish List

Hey if they were paying attention instead of thinking we are all sheep and will but whatever they tell us we want...I'd love a counter balanced, rubber mounted, 95" 95hp water cooled Twin Cam with a 6 speed transmission.

With the size of the cooling fins on these TC motors you could add water cooling and not even change the look of the motor. The remaining fins would even still be functional which means a smaller radiator. And even though I know I will get the requisite amount of flack about not getting rattled by the patented H-D vibration, for me it's just not a necessary part of the experience....but somehow, I'll bet they could care less.

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
id like to see a totally new full on bagger with the revolution in er plus keep all the other touring bikes......... look out honda goldwing.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Remember the old sayin' ... "be careful what you wish for, you might get it"

Saw this on the GL1800.ORG site ...

Had a meeting with two Honda reps yesterday regarding the overheating problem, and they told me something very interesting that I didn't know and I thought I'd share. We were talking about the technolgy and the amount of engineering that went into the 1800, and they told me that it has both more wiring AND more individual parts than the Honda Accord. That's pretty amazing!

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
$hit, goddamn, fock, sonofabitch, I know there are some other words out there:D So, should I just tell my dealer that I don't want my new Ultra Classic in Gunmetal Pearl:( I could say (you know dealer ship guy, I just may not take this 2003 bike after all, I just can't stand the thought that in 2004, Harley may come out with something much better, much bigger, much faster and much, much more money) Here is what I just might say to him, NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts