V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
That's all my dealer ever sells any of them for.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Miles,
this time of year and with the economic uncertainty that seems to permeate, I would definitley not pay any more than msrp for anything!
If you dont have any luck close to home, come up to Iowa, we will be happy to get you hooked up at msrp.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine was delivered to my front door for MSRP, with a free coupon for the 1,000 mile checkup. Several dealers in this area (western PA) sell for MSRP, several sell for more too. I have no problem with those dealers who sell for more than MSRP, this is America, capitalism. I am bothered by the fools who pay more, who can't wait a few months to order one, gotta have it today, won't investigate/check prices/drive 50 miles to save $1,000 or more. Were it not for these type of people (unfortunately most people) the over MSRP dealers would cease to exist.

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Yep, got mine for MSRP. I had a 2 month wait though. If I "had" to have it now, there were dealer's around who had them in stock...but at well over MSRP. It's a personal choice. I took the 2 month wait and saved a few grand.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Jim Bailey's HD of Ft. Wayne, Ind. always sells for MSRP......no extra charges for any "add on" ****.....

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
roycrown said:
Mine was delivered to my front door for MSRP, with a free coupon for the 1,000 mile checkup. Several dealers in this area (western PA) sell for MSRP, several sell for more too. I have no problem with those dealers who sell for more than MSRP, this is America, capitalism. I am bothered by the fools who pay more, who can't wait a few months to order one, gotta have it today, won't investigate/check prices/drive 50 miles to save $1,000 or more. Were it not for these type of people (unfortunately most people) the over MSRP dealers would cease to exist.
...get over it already, this is, as you say America and the economy is based on capitalism. Dealers will continue to sell over MSRP simply because each year a new crop of riders arrive, and demand will stay constant. These people have made a choice to spend THEIR money, that doesn't make them fools are any other label we can attach.

If the bike is available for MSRP then great, if the buyer don't want to wait and pay premium, go for it. If the bike is sporting dealer installed goodies and the buyer likes it, more power to him/her. Ain't America great! It's called freedom of choice................

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I earned it, I spent it! Simple as that! Like he said, Get over it! Sometimes we hear from people here that belong with the rice-burning crowd pissin' on our choice!:D Probably the same people who pay 5 bucks for a cup of coffee at Starbucks too and demand that they get their ride for MSRP. No wonder the dealers tell everyone to fuckoff when they piss about the price! Sorry I ranted, just my 2 cents!:D

·
Registered
127 Posts
I paid $500 over MSRP. It wasn't because I wanted to, or didn't want to wait, or didn't spend the time getting the best price either. Think what you want. I got the best price that I could get in my state. I called every dealership in my state. Ended up going to the one that is 60 miles away instead of either of the two that are within 20 miles of my house because the price was better and the people were nicer. Was supposed to wait 3 months, but it came in almost a month early. I did my homework as best I could and got the best deal that I could. $500 over MSRP.

I did, however, get $8000 for a trade-in on the 2001 Sportster with almost 20,000 miles on it. :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
fourhour said:
I Probably the same people who pay 5 bucks for a cup of coffee at Starbucks too and demand that they get their ride for MSRP. No wonder the dealers tell everyone to fuckoff when they piss about the price! Sorry I ranted, just my 2 cents!:D
The stealership here has a starbucks inside of it. :D No Shit, they even sell their coffee $1.50 over msrp too. nothing like sucking down a $8.00 Triple shot Iced caramel vanilla mocca frappuccino, looking at bikes that are $5,000 over msrp and trying to con a free catalog off of the parts guy cause you spent all your cash on the coffee.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
BJG said:

The stealership here has a starbucks inside of it. :D No Shit, they even sell their coffee $1.50 over msrp too.
....multiple streams of income:eek:

Only in America, ain't she grand! :D

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
yup, I suppose if your into hanging out at coffee shops, might as well hang out at one full of killer scoots.:D

·
Registered
51 Posts
They also sell dog collars, China, and underwear there tool. In fact they have more of thaat then they do bikes! But your're right : "you pays your money and you takes your choice. Ain't America great!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Now I've heard it all...a Starbucks in a HD dealership....and no surprise that the price is higher for the coffee too.
The 2 dealerships I use both sell at MSRP....Battlefield HD (Gettysburg, PA) and HD of Maryland (Elkridge, MD).
Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
There is not one dealer in the metro Atlanta area that sells for msrp. $5000 over is the average.

One guy told me he bought a bike from a dealer in the midwest. Paid to have it shipped here and still saved a ton over a local buy.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
The economy/winter is having an effect here in Salt Lake. I walked into dealer 2 weeks ago. They have almost every model in all colors available. The policy of returning the $1000. deposit to order and sells at MSRP. A great group of people. I started with 2 Buells now a 03 RK Gunmetal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I actually hope my '03 FXST doesn't arrive early. Here in Cleveland there is not much to do but stare at your ride all winter. The Dealer said March or April and my Income tax check sure will help knock down those monthly payments. MSRP by the way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Two dealers I know of in Nevada sell at MSRP but charge 950.00 for setup. I've wondered if 500.00 of the setup is a way to bump the price and still say they sell at MSRP. What do other dealers charge for setup?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts