V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
'03 FXDWG

I got an '03 Wide Glide in early Aug. I went to Sturgis to talk to Reps about pipes and found out that Python is coming out with a set just like V&H staggerd Big Shots with the power chamber in Sept. V&H make the pipes for Drag's Python name. so the quality will be there and the price is only 399.00. the only difference is the end of the pipe. But BEWARE!!! I didn't want to wait till mid sept. so I got the V&H old style Big Shots and they did not fit because of the new rear brake set up on the '03 . I had to go with the V&H Straight Shots and I'm very pleased with them. My other choice was the Pro pipe. I would make sure the Python III will fit before making the purchase. GOOD LUCK!!!

· Registered
30 Posts
cox9000,
I was going to buy my buddy's '01 FXDWG then we went for a ride to Ottawa,IL and stopped in at the new Starved Rock H-D there on Sat morning 7/21 . They had just put the bike out on Fri. night . When we walk in I saw that it didn't have a sold sign on it so I talk to a salesman and asked if the bike was available and if so what price. He said it was available and the price was MSRP. I couldn't pass it up so I wrote a deposit check and picked the bike up on Wed. 7/24.

· Registered
30 Posts
I put some Progressive 412 series shock on size is 12" , they dropped the rearend about 1". Rejetted the carb and put the V&H straight Shots on. Also new pegs and some other chrome stuff from H-D.
I'm not really good with computers so I don't know how to put pctures on this site. I do have a bunch on the hard drive from my camera.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.