V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
64 Posts
Cox9000,

I can chime in on this as well...I am also waiting on an 03 wideglide...pearl white. My dealer (who has been a personal friend for years) has told me that I will have an October bike and that he will have a ship date for me the first week of September. I will let you know when I find out. He is very confident that he will have the bike in October and should be able to give me a pretty accurate arrival date after next week.

Don

· Premium Member
64 Posts
Cox9000,

I ordered mine sometime in June also...

This is where it gets kind of funky but how I understand it is....He requested an October delivery on the bike. I was adamant about having a pearl white one and he told me that he would only be able to "special order" one bike in the white color...and I would get it. He says he gets his bikes in "monthly allotments" and requested the special order in October.

I bug him almost daily and he checks his "HDNEt" site to see if the ship dates are posted yet. He called me in early August and told me he had the dates for the september bikes and that they had one wglide coming in and it was gunmetal...He then told me that this is normal and he would see the October ship dates in early september......He is figuring based on past experience that the bike will be here around the 18-20 of October. I am hoping to ride it to the 100th party in Dallas and he said the odds are pretty good that he can make that happen (assuming HD does not screw something up).

Sooooo...I guess from all this I am getting that it matters if the bike was "special ordered" with a requested month for delivery, what color the bike is and how your dealer ordered it. I would press your dealer to check the "HDnet" for ship dates and ask him if he "requested" a particular month for delivery. If not then you will probobly get one (depending on color chosen) whenever they get around to sending that dealer his allotment with that particular color in it (whatever month this happens to be between October and early 2003). What color did you order?? I know that the red/white/blue ones will be scarce and unless he requested a date for you...it could be late this year or early next year before you see it......He may have been alloted a "whatever color you ordered" one and did not request a particular month for delivery. If this is the case then you will get it when it comes in at HD's discression. I would work on your dealer to see if he can narrow it down for you.....I feel your pain brutha.....I at least have an idea when mine is "supposed" to be here....If it was open ended as yours is......I would really be a pain in the a$$ to deal with.....

Don

· Premium Member
64 Posts
Cox9000,

Just got word that my "ship date" is Oct. 25th....I had hoped it would be a little earlier than that but I think the "silver paint" issue delayed it a little.

Anyway...at least I have a target to shoot for now. If it ships on the 25th then I should have it the first week of Nov......We will see....I will keep you posted as I hear any updates.

Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.