69 Posts
NO, BUT IF YOU WANT ONE.......

THE DEALER FROM WHERE I GOT MY 02 SAYS THERE ALL SPOKEN FOR---------F'N AMAZING

Hutch

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
No pics no specs but I get mine in a couple of weeks

Black and Silver with 100th anniversary paint job. Sceaming Eagles Finally! ordered it in January 02. counting down. I'll post ya' a pic when I pick it up.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah pics would be awesome! Can't wait to see it!

I think colored anodized aluminum vice painting it could be an interesting alternative. Too bad brushed steel isn't an option :)

I can't imagine what they would change mechanically other than little tweaks. If they really wanna piss of the 2002 VRSCA owners they should make it *really* loud!

btw
Won't the 2003 be a VRSC instead of a VRSCA because it's not the first edition of the family?

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Well it's official

check out the specialty paint job on the v-rod at the HD site, red with blue trim - sweet! Just go to the VRSC gallery. (1 of only 3 pics.) I also found what has to be the best non-evolution HD ever built. Go to the Screaming Eagle - Duece pics- oh my!- 25 g's but she is a real beauty!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That red paintjob on the v-rod makes it look like a whole different bike!
I'd really like to see it in real life, it's still an awesome model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can all see the new 2003 v-rod on the harleydavidson.com web site. When you access the page go to products, motorcycles and then click on
vrsca and you will see it. It looks exactly the same apart from the 100th anniversary metal sticker.

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Has anyone here taken delivery on a VRSC 2003 yet?

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Answer my own question

DJW said:
Has anyone here taken delivery on a VRSC 2003 yet?
I'll take that as a no. As a matter of fact, I saw my first one yesterday at the local dealer. It was all stock without the 100th colors. Frankly it wasn't too pretty, the tank emblem seemed overlerly large for the tank, and the stock covers really don't do the bike justice. I do hope the silver and black looks a little better.

·
Registered
69 Posts
DJW----I concur

I concur the emblem is a bit much-------would have liked to have seen something more "distinct" for those lucky enough to get their hands on one of the most beautiful bikes ever produced .......

ok ok ok -----the above statement is my somewhat "prejudicial" opinion, but it is still FACT!!!!!....

Love my 2002 Rod and I'm sure will love every generation of Rods to follow........It can only get better.....

Hutch

·
Registered
119 Posts
I pick up my 2003 Silver and Black next week I will take pics and post them here for you so you can see the difference between the two colors with the emblem.

I was wondering if anyone knows any good custom airbrushers or painters for bikes, I am planning on ordering a second airbox cover and fenders for the bike and would like to have a custom job done to them, allowing me to still keep the originals as well. If anyone knows of someone who you would recommend I'd be happy to hear about it.

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
I read your post yesterday and hoped someone might have a suggestion for you. One thing I will say, I've been told that the customized painters that rent tents at the hog rallys are very good. Since you have a free year's membership coming with your bike, it may be worth the price of a local membership to check these guys out at the next rally. (you can find the listing of hog rallys on the official HD website.)- hope this helps.

PS I've seen some guys really get taken on paint jobs for their bikes. I think they figure that since they already spent 20 G's on a bike what
s a few more. I would think that you could get a very good job for about a grand. That's still more than it costs for a whole car. Also I see you bought a 2003. You're right to stash away all your OEM stuff. If you ever go to sell it you will have to put it all back on. Fact is what looks good to you seldom looks good to someone else and you will have trouble finding just the right person that wants that Led Zeppelin logo on his tank, no matter how much you might like it.

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Great Pics!

Great Pictures of your new ride! Enjoy!!!! Is it stock? What're you planning on doing to it? I get my 2-tone in November! After seeing your pictures, I'm not sure how I'll be able to wait that long!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks! Congratulations to you on getting one, as well! This is actually my dad's bike, but I am the one always doing research on things, so I will be the one on this board asking questions and whatnot.
At first he didn't plan on doing anything to it, being a "special edition" and all, but I think I have convinced him to do a few things. Hopefully he will be doing the 240 rear tire with some different style wheels, and he also mentioned having this guy do a little bit of airbrushing or something. He originally was going to buy separate fenders and airbox cover to keep the stock ones looking good, but I don't know anymore. He also wants to get some Arlen Ness mirrors or similar with the blinkers in the mirror arms. Other than that, maybe some more chrome parts to replace the black. Also maybe the Screamin' Eagle slip on pipes, air cleaner, and computer recalibration. These are all just things we have talked about, but we'll see. He has a hard time leaving things stock!

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Sounds like the plan to keep the bike stock is disappearing fast! I probably won't mess with the fenders or airbox cover, but definitely as much chrome as I can afford, new mirrors (I've seen some Arlen Ness that I really like...but $400 for the pair!) maybe the sundowner seat, and of course, a new exhaust (Screaming Eagle slip ons? Double Barrel? Wait for the V & H? I have no idea what to do!)

Keep us posted on how your dad's liking his new bike! I'll have to live vicariously through him for the next couple of months!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Will do! I think the mirrors are probably the same, going by price.

I also forgot that he will probably be getting the Corbin Young Guns Seat, as well.

All this stuff will probably take awhile to complete, as funds are a bit tight from some large amount of outgoing money, but hopefully it will happen soon. He is also thinking about getting a Sportster down the road, so that's another thing he would be saving for.

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Yep, those are the mirrors! Where have you found the best price so far? I haven't seen them too much under $400, yet...but I'm hopeful (and patient! Patient until I get my bike anyway!!)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts