V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 2003 Ultra Classic is there any storage compartments in them? In the Harley accesories book, they show a thing for $95.xx to convert the top part of the lowers to a storage area, does the 2003 need this part so I can have a storage compartment there?

·
Registered
903 Posts
The Ultra comes with storage compartments in them. I think what you're looking at is a liner for the inside of them but you definately don't need them to store things in there.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir:)

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Two weeks ago, I called Indy West Harley dealer and told them I wanted to rent a Electra Glide Classic. Well, today I called them back and told them I wanted to change that to a Ultra Classic, he said that they only have a Ultra Classic to rent, so it turns out we will be renting a 2002, the same kind that we are going to buy:) It has been ten years since we had a bike(1988 Gold Wing) and I just can't see why I went so long with out one, I have wanted a Harley for about 6 or 7 years now, I hope it does us good:cool:

Edit-We are renting it October 5th, going to tour southern Indiana, we can't get far in just 24 hours:(

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Markcuda said:
We are renting it October 5th, going to tour southern Indiana, we can't get far in just 24 hours:(
You gonna ride down to Brown County? There are lots of shops for your SO to check out, & the trees might even be showing some cool fall foliage. Nice place to visit. Right off I-65.:cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
lowers add on

Mark,
I added the Ultra lowers on my 2002 classic. The lowers are only the shell. If you want to have the storage--glove boxes, you have to order them seperate. They come with the door closures and add a little storage. With put them, you can see the lower attachment hareware. Not a big thing, but I thought you might like to know. I added the storage boxes and am glad I did.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now I am confused
HarleyJole said the lowers came with storage in the top part of the lowers. On some Ultras, I see a little flap with four snaps on it, it even has a tiny cable to hold it from flying off. So, will a 2003 Ultra lower have this little storage flap on it? For me to put my Smith and Wesson in?

·
Registered
16 Posts
storage compartments

Markcuda
Your Ultra Classic will come with the lowers exactly like you described it. The flhtc Classic is what I have. Not the Ultra. No lowers come with the classic. It just has the crash bars. When I ordered the lowers to be just like the Ultra, those storage boxes come seperate. Four snaps and the retaining cable as you described. I hope this clears this up for you.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you guys, yes, it is clear to me now:) Can't wate till the 5th, the weather is looking good for the weekend:) I will let you all know how the rental Ultra was:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts