V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2003 Road King P.O.S.E. on order. Has anybody got theirs yet? I'm told that Harley is really behind at the factory. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a cop and was going to get one...Too dull of colors for me..I settled for the King Classic sil/blk edition. That is a set of wheels.. Worth more in the long run too. It's an 03 James

·
BFFB
833 Posts
i hope not ,,,,,i have a shrine ultra ordered and all my dealer has told me so far is jan-march????,,,i plan on putting my rk in the paper at the end of dec ,,,,sure would hate to go too long with nothing to ride

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woodwalker, When did you place your order? I ordered mine July 10th and was told maybe 120 days from then. For the price, I can put up with the color or repaint it. Thanks

·
BFFB
833 Posts
around the same time ,,,julyish???,,,dealer originally misunderstood me and was due in at 4th quarter ,,,but when i found out i corrected this to the 1st quarter of 03,,,, (just finishing up payments on present bike)since then i havnt heard,,,,i was told he would be able to give a day at the end of december,,,,i really would like a day so i could make an educated guess on when to put my road king up for sale,,,as far as color its pearl white (regular factory color),,,,however no anniversary stuff,,which suits me ok

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before they add in the set up cost, it's 2k below msrp. I couldn't turn down that deal!

·
BFFB
833 Posts
thats much better than shrine deal,,in my area tho dealer is getting around 24k or 25 k for ultra 03s and in previous year it was around 23k,,so i cant complain msrp (19.5k)is better than anyone else around here is getting

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ordered my '03 FFSE Road King on 10 July; I was told 150-160 days, which would have put it here, around Christmas. My bike came off of the line Saturday(11/02,) and is supposed to be here next week. My salesman told me the factory is ahead of schedule. Paid $15,700 + freight & security, with no setup fee.

·
Banned
79 Posts
I ordered my '03 P.O.S.E. electra glide classic on Oct. 8. I was told that it would arrive "In the fourth quarter" which the salesman said is april, may or june. Out the door price is 17,900. Pretty good if you ask me.
I really wanted the Road King Classic, but I was told that the F.F. Special Road Kings have forced the company to stop taking orders on all of the special edition Road Kings (Peace Officer, F.F., and Shrine). Now all of my thoughts toward F.F's have been confirmed. I say about 80% of them will probably sell their bikes after the 1 year ownership commitment. Too bad.

·
Registered
28 Posts
2003FLHTCI

Hey '03 FLHTCI

Don't know who you are or where you work. But I do know you're off base. If you're an LEO, you're one of the ones who slipped through the cracks in the testing process. I've been in the fire service for 21 years and have known a lot of cops. Most are great guys trying their best to do a difficult job. A few are like you, mouthy, opinionated and making up for their own inadequacies by leaning hard on other people. You want to slam FF's do it somewhere else. You want to apologize, do it here on this message board.

Brothers in Service - FDNY 343 - Never Forget

Fire !

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
The word I got after the (second hand from the dealer who attended) dealer show was the Road King and Fire Fighter versions would all be a little slow as they were new.

"Most" everyone that wanted the Electra Glide version had one, so they could keep up. The Road King and FF versions opened up a whole new market, and a new demand. Everything should even out after a while.

Can't blame any individual on quick reslae. If they have a clue, its because someone at the shop gave it to them. The special order, including the marked police bikes don't come from the dealers limited allotment, so it's all just extra bike for them sell.

·
Banned
79 Posts
First of all FIRE, I see you had to throw a few shots in yourself. Take your own advice and "Slam cops somewhere else." Another thing, yes I did fall through the cracks, but guess what - I'm still wearing a badge. I see you are from Nevada, ?Whats the worst call you get?, Road Kill that cought fire on the highway? And I will not apologize to you. Its been my experience that F.F.'s around my area are always trying to "get over". I understand that you cannot judge a group just by the actions of a few (It happens to me all the time) but in my area I'm justified in my assessement of F.F.'s. I can tell you many stories about the actions of your "Brothers" but I'll just leave that alone. Now thats all I have to say to you. Good bye.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Brothers with a Badge

<<I say about 80% of them (FF's) will probably sell their bikes after the 1 year ownership commitment.>>

I see cops do that all the time. Guess some of us can be just as bad. I'll apologize to FF that you have to put up with adam henry coppers (blue canaries, right? LOL)

We all risk our lives out there, but I KNOW a FF is gonna literally go through hell to get me out, just like I'll be running towards the gunfire for him.

Rock on brother........

Jim
LEO / Wildland FF / TEMT

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks Jim........There's good and bad out there in all professions. My Dad was an LEO for 27 yrs in California. I have the utmost respect for police officers and I know the majority of officers out there feel the same way about us. As far as someone selling their bike a year or so after they bought it, it's a free country, and thats what it's all about.

Brothers in Service

Fire

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well guys, time for my 2 cents worth!

First of all I'am a Professional firefighter; I fight fires for money. This according to Webster, is the definition of a professional, so I'm not even giong into the volunteer vs. paid debate. I agree with the 80% FF's selling after a year. Just look on Cycle Trader. Brand new FF bikes for sale for profit! In my area, 90% of the fire service is volunteer. Most of whom have much better paying jobs than me. Mill workers, plant workers, coal miners.....you get the point, these aren't $10 an hour jobs.
Anyway, with the stock market down, why not buy a FF bike and make an easy $4-5k. It's happening TOO often! My opinion, which I'm entilted to, and not willing to debate with anyone, is this: The bikes should only be available to Career firefighters. If a volunteer really WANTS a bike, then at least make them wait until the second or third quarter to order one if it's still available. I ordered my bike on 10 July, and was one of the last to be able to order one. I'm also the only PROFESSIONAL firefighter on the list. As far as the FF roadkings making Peace Officer and Shriner RK's unavailable, thats a bunch of bunk. H-D offer a limited number of RK's in all 3 lines. When they're all sold, that's it. The number of FFRK's sold has nothing to do with the other 2 bikes. I read the letter from the motor company in August, stating all FFRK's were sold. Actually it said no more orders were being taken, but H-D would reevaluate the demand for them later in the year.

·
: Þ
341 Posts
Silly question but here goes..........Where does it say there is a 1 year ownership commitment before reselling a firefighter or police officer special edition?

I own a FF special edition and I have looked over every piece of paper I have ever received from the purchase and for the life of me I cant find anything that says I CAN'T sell for 1 year. I for sure never signed anything that says I cant sell for a year.

Seems to me if I want to sell, then I sell.
If I want to keep, I keep.

That simple.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't know about the FF Special, but for the Peace Officer Special, I had to sign that I would not sell it for a year.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts