V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am wonder if the twin cams 88 engine would have a loose compensator nut that would cause me feel the badly and little hard clicks while i am going increase rpm/ MPH but clicks would reduce when i am steady speed or decrease the rpm...

problem is i am deaf so i cant make pinpoint the badly click from because it only make badly clicks while i am riding, it will not clicks at Idle...

what can i do before i am start to pull the Primary cover to look at. i am hate to fix anything on my harley during riding season...

i am might go to my local harley dealership to get new primary gasket and see if they have heavy duty compensator nut kit to fix or just put loclite on old one and torque it???

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Deafautotech I had a similar problem I couldn't locate the sound.In my case it was the front motor mount under the rectifier.The nut had come off the bolt and the two washers were hitting each other while riding.At idel it didn't seem to do it. Take a look you never know.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh thanks. i will check and inspect it before make a trip to Indy West Harley. i did tight the nuts at front motor mount like 15,000 miles ago... but i do ride hard and mostly of highways....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts