V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to request a 2003 model that doesn't have any of the anniversary insignia at all? Also, what's the average wait from the time I put in my order and deposit to actual delivery?
Thanks!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I believe all 2003s will have some 100 year insignias. The red, blue and white will come with the least amount of badging. They will have a tank graphic not the cloisonne emblem like the silver, gunmetal and black. The HD site lists what each bike and color come with.

From what I have seen on this site, most waits are in the 2 - 5 month range. My order was placed 7/23 and I'm still waiting for the call.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
What model do you want? Maybe you should just find a new 2002 which is basically the same and cheaper w/o badges.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I doubt (with a 99.99999999% certainty) you can get a '03 w/o any insignia. H-D is not in the one-off custom business. You can get a customized model, but you have to order all the color shop pieces with the bike. (BIG $$$$). Every model has some insignia in varying degrees. If you don't want that stuff, you can take it off after delivery (but you will still have the emblem that is cast into the crankcase) or find a leftover '02 without any anniversary badging. The wait depends on the model, and specific dealer allocations. It can vary quite a bit, you have to shop around.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I odered late August early September (Can't remember) and was told Janurary now I was told March?? Either way it's fine with me being it's winter and all. Good luck!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I couldn't even get a 2001 RK without those burgandy and gold pin stripes. Quoted an addidional $3000 for NOT painting stripes on!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Buy the bike, take off the offending body-parts, and replace them with parts that don't have the emblems.

I'm assuming that you probably want the gunmetal color, but don't want it with the emblems, in which case you'd have to buy a tank plain, and get someone to try and match the paint.

Actually, you may be able to get paint directly from HD, although I'm betting that they're not releasing the gunmetal color.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Can't you get a CVO bike that doesn't have the emblems like this FatBoy? The paint is "New Real Fire Radical Custom Paint Black with Blue Flame" for $2699. I don't see any emblems on it.....

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
You want a 2003 Harley Davidson but don't want any emblems?

Well, you can purchase one of the two CVO model bikes, which this year are a Duce and a Road King. Very good looking bikes painted in Annivesary Gold, but no 100th anniversary logos (think my spelling is off today)...

Or you can purchase a 2003 model, and swap out the Fenders and Gas Tank with a paint kit (a pre-painted set). This years offerings are pretty nice!

Or you can purchase a 2002, but there are a few minor differences on some models, like the 2003 Fatboy (all softtails in fact) have a larger rear tire, that looks really nice! Especially when compaired with a 2002 Fatboy from the back! New rearview mirrors on all the bikes, some engine and EFI modeling changes, etc.

Hope this helps you out ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts