V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, today I not only saw the new "Gunmetal Pearl" paint that I am so glad to be waiting for, (it is a killer Dark Blue Chrome as the "Bluing" on a gun) but I was also told there is rumor of a larger displacment for the bikes coming out this year as well....

We do know they have made changes to the 2003 fuel tanks. Can this be so that people can't create their own 100th anniversry bike, or is it in preperation for some larger jugs or both? :cool:

Comments Anyone?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
If they were to go to 95" which would be a logical step because it wouldn't cost them anything, or even if they stroked them to 103", the mods fit with the old tanks.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HIPPO said:
If they were to go to 95" which would be a logical step because it wouldn't cost them anything, or even if they stroked them to 103", the mods fit with the old tanks.
Being that I trust you, and you always have the straight scoop, what do you think? Think an increase in displacment will happen this year, or am I just hoping that for the money I'm spending on this new bike I'll be getting something other than a cool blue color (the paint chips on the "Gunmetal Pearl" really look nice).

Maybe I will keep my Super Glide and punch it out? Na, I can only ride one bike at a time, and I've wanted a softail for sooo long...

Anyways, do you think this might be the year they (Harley) increases the displacement? :confused:

·
Registered
629 Posts
With tighter and more stringent emisions requirements, don't get your hopes hope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts