V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The S&S 509g Complete Camchest upgrade is at shop and on bench. Were installing it, next Monday..
Resized_Resized_20201201_125525.jpeg

·
Registered
17,324 Posts
Looks like Christmas came early.

You should like the 509's. I'm running 510's in my 01 Dyna. Sucks before you get to about 4k, then it's nice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fallguy

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like Christmas came early.

You should like the 509's. I'm running 510's in my 01 Dyna. Sucks before you get to about 4k, then it's nice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I thought hard about the 510s but figured my riding is more, low end, and around town. I get on the highway occasionally, but I really dont redline it ever. Stock cams are almost enough anywhere I ride. However, I figured that I might as well, bump it up a little, since Im fixing the shoe issues anyway.. And several people I spoke with mentioned, with the 509s tuned, and with what Ive already done, I should see about 20% gains over stock.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Waiting for the matching rear wheel to arrive, 18" x 3.5" .. The 150/70-18 Commander tire is already here along with new rotors that just got dropped off. The brakes arent that bad, after only 12k on them, but these rotors look much better than stock IMO and new rotors = new pads.. IMG_1232.jpg
IMG_1232.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts