V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded my Sportster in for a new FXD. I did the first stage on the Sporty using SE2 pipes, and the bike definitely sounded louder, but I really didn't notice any more pull when I gave it throttle.
I'm not really obsessed with the sound, what I want is performance. Will the extra cost of V&H pipes over the SEs get me more low end torque?. Is there any other pipe that would get me more torque that justifies the increase in price?

Thanks

Ron

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
You need to open up the intake with either the SE Air Cleaner or any other free breathing cleaner. You'll also need to rejet the carb or if it's an EFI model, have the ECM reflashed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dawg,

Yeah, thanks. Been there done that on the Sporty. What I want to know is are the Vance and Hines pipes gonna make that much of a difference in low end torque over the SE2 pipes? Before I spend about $300 more on the V&H pipes, I wanna make sure it's worth it. My friends have Samson pipes on their old Panheads, but I dunno the effects on a new Dyna, that's why I'm asking.

I will go with a new breather, rejet, etc., I just want to know what are the best pipes.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts