V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Think the realtively low production on this bike and the novilty of the first production year and 100th anniversary models, will help resale value in the long run.

But I've owned some high performance machines in the past and gotten burned on the resale side. Of note was a 1990 Z51 Corvette. Which, for those who arn't familiar, was the street version of road race model as opposed to the ZR1. $37,000 retail. $25,000 three years later.
1996 GMC Sonoma ZR2, 5spd, $21,000 new, three years later $11,000!

Sometimes high performance doesn't equate to high resale, cause JQ public thinks we beat the s##t out of these machines! Little do they now that we also take alot better care of them when we're not out "racing around".

Pete

· Registered
149 Posts
I had my name in early for a two tone silver/black paint 2003. I am lucky I did. Apparently there is something to Harley's claim of limited producted on these V-rods. My dealer has two or three aluminum bodied 2003's in stock that arn't moving, but sold every two-tone. Last year, he had a 2002 sit around the show round for almost a year before it finally sold! Thus far, he has moved only about six 2002 and 2003 V-rods. If this is any indication, Harleys goal of moving 10,000 units in the 2003 model year may be overly optimistic.

Give time for JQ Harley buyer to get used to the V-Rod, and appreciate the bike. I would bet in a couple of years they won't be able to build enought of them to meet demand!

Pete

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.