V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
356 Posts
I've never really worried about the resale value of any bike that I've ever bought. I know a few guys who dont ride their bikes for fear of putting too many miles on them and lowering the value. LoL. Why buy the f*cking thing then ? I buy em to ride.

That being said, look at every other 1st year Harley. Whether it be knuckle, pan, shovel, block, or whatever. Or 1st year Fatboy. Historically, 1st year bikes are worth more after time goes by.

If you bought it to ride, then who cares about the resale. If you bought it for investment or your tired of riding it or whatever, then pay that sucker off and stash it. In 10, 15, 20 years from now you cant tell me that Harley's first year ever watercooled bike wont be worth anything. :cool:

· Registered
356 Posts
I wonder why they dont sell as well on the East Coast ? They are selling the sh*t out of them around here. I paid 17,500 for mine. Of course I chose to buy a brand new 02 instead of an 03. They wanted more for those. At the time I bought mine only 1 dealer out of 6 that I called in my area had an 02. Another dealer had two 03's and he wanted 19,800 and 21,000 for those. :eek:

You guys might consider it strange, but I had my heart set on a first year bike anyway. Plus I like the Harley Davidson lettering a lot better than the little medallion they stuck on em this year.

I still get a laugh out of that resale sh*t. If you want to invest your money I suggest you go see a banker or broker, not a Harley dealer. LoL

· Registered
356 Posts
That's an awful lot of money for a RK, bermuda. Or a V-Rod actually !! I never realized it till I got on this Forum, how much the prices on Harley's vary according to Geography.

Around here you can pick up 1 and 2 year old RK's for 16-17k all day. One like your describing probly around 18-20k. 25,900 would be getting into the range of that screaming Eagle RK.

· Registered
356 Posts
You'll be surprised how fast you hit 10k, Mark. I guarantee we'll do some riding this next year, I'll be heading up that way quite a bit. I've been collecting dealer pins and I've got most of em around here, the rest are up North.

I'm going to Hogrock next year, and maybe Little Sturgis too. Not sure about Beanblossom. I'm not even sure where they moved it to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.