V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
My 02 FLHRI front brakes are also noisy. I have 2500 miles and it is still there. I notice that after washing my wheels and brakes the noise disappears for few days. It might be cause by dust build-up somewhere around the pads. I am guessing... For cleaning my wheels and brakes I spray S-100 cleaner , rinse with water and use compressed air to dry any trapped water.

· Registered
29 Posts
The problem is the disk not the brake pad. My dealer solved the problem during my last visit...half of it. Let me explain. If you gently rub your hand on the disk you will feel the sharp edge on every hole drilled on the disk. During the machining of the disk the holes are not deburred. With a countersink tool or an oversize drill slightly cut the edge of the hole. I did mine on one side only. I will do the other side next time I change the tire because the disk as to be remove to work inside. The noise is now barely noticeable.
I have been told that the kevlar pads are hard on the disk. I prefer to change pads than the disk $$$$

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.