V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have 11,000 miles on 02 FLHTCUI with 1550 Stage 1. SE one piece performance mufflers. Reliability - no issues. perfomance- the SE calibration for 1550 Stage I (HD re-map) is not so good. With the EFI tuner - save your $150 and do it yourself. First tune out the obvious knock and then if you have access to a dyno fix your air fuel chart and advance the spark for better rollon acceleration. Then when you slide in that 203 cam next year you can tune it again yourself.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
stannen said:
Does anyone have a stage 1 using SE intake and perf. SE slip-ons, with HD re-map?
Are you happy w/performance & reliability?
Stannen,

I have 4,100 miles on my '02 FLHRI. I did the Stage 1 mods at the 1,000 miles service (1450 EFI kit, PN 29773-02; and FLT muffler kit with billet endcaps , PN# 65115-98B and PN#65061-01). The dealer did the re-flash as part of the EFI stage 1 kit.

There is a definite increase in performance, and the FLT touring mufflers sound great, throaty but no too loud. I have some mild popping on decleration. All in all, I'm happy with the increased performance.

regards,

wyo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Stannen,

I have a 2001 Road King Classic with the combination you mentioned. Stage 1 kit with dealer installed map, SE Performance 2-piece pipes.

I've been very happy with both the performance and the sound. One nice thing about the SE Performance pipes is that the baffle is removable and you can reduce the amount of fiberglass packing around the baffle to increase the sound. I've also found that different tips make a difference on sound as well.....primarily a difference between fishtails vs. 8" Howitzer tips.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

tsuter - i think i could do the downloads you talk about, but first i'll do the dealer re-map and see if i get lucky. I'm staying at 1450cc.

What about the one piece perf. SE slipons, alot less $ once you add the end pieces.

I have 4400 mi and will do the work with the scheduled service. Also putting on chubby 518 handle bars.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
stannen said:
Thanks for the replies.

tsuter - i think i could do the downloads you talk about, but first i'll do the dealer re-map and see if i get lucky. I'm staying at 1450cc.

What about the one piece perf. SE slipons, alot less $ once you add the end pieces.

I have 4400 mi and will do the work with the scheduled service. Also putting on chubby 518 handle bars.
stannen,

to do your own reflash you;ll need to buy the SE EFI race tuner ($459.00). This unit comes with the HD stage 1 and stage 2 maps. The biggest advantage is that you can make your own fuel delivery map.

wyo

·
Registered
250 Posts
The one piece SE Performance slipons are slightly more efficient. That means each cylinder operates at a slightly higher VE (Volumetric Efficiency) in some ranges of RPM and throttle position. If you adjust the VE in the EFI tuner accordingly then you will get more fuel and more power without touching the air fuel map which is also in the EFI.
This is now pretty technical. We're talking about gains that you can only measure on the Dynojet. These mufflers are also stamped ' off road racing only..." so mount them with the engraving up and under your bags. At least then the fuzz will need to use a mirror when you get pulled over.
i got 11,000 miles on mine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tsuter,

thanks for the info, just got off the phone with the svc dept at HD & they rec the 2 pc. set. Where is the engraving on the 1 pc set, how can you turn the engraving up??

·
Registered
238 Posts
Stage one is a waste of money conc. gain of power.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm talking about the EFI stage 1 kit.

-High flow Air Filter
-EFI upgrade

plus slip ons.

I think it is neccesary when you go with after market slips to adjust to the reduced back pressure.

The gain of power is insignificant.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts