V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Also from service manual View attachment 264697
Thanks Jammer,
The instructions you sent me say that the when turning on the ignition switch, the check engine light will come on for 4 seconds and then off for 6 before starting to flash codes, Mine comes on for 4 seconds and then immediately starts flashing. It flashes so quickly I am having trouble counting them.. It seems to flash two 8's or two 9's. Being that there is no code beginning with 8 I have to assume it is 9 which shows missing or wrong password? I don't know what to make of that? I'm thinking I might just change the crank position sensor and see what happens unless you have some other advise?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
As mentioned, I wasn't 100% sure when I counted codes, but they did display as outlined in that post. No doubt you've already triple checked you have the right wires and good connection on the jumper.
Crank position sensor is a likely suspect.
IMG_0281.JPG

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks again Jammer. Not sure what the missing password code is all about? I'm going to try and get a new CKP sensor. Not sure if the local Harley shop is open these days due to all the craziness in the world. May have to order of the internet. May be a while before I get one???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks again Jammer. Not sure what the missing password code is all about? I'm going to try and get a new CKP sensor. Not sure if the local Harley shop is open these days due to all the craziness in the world. May have to order of the internet. May be a while before I get one???
Pulled cpk sensor today. Put ohm meter across two pins coming from the sensor. Got nothing! Doesn't move the meter. Ordered new sensor...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Pulled cpk sensor today. Put ohm meter across two pins coming from the sensor. Got nothing! Doesn't move the meter. Ordered new sensor...
UPDATE:
Hey Jammer,
I got the new crank sensor and installed it today. That did it. The bike runs like a top!! Thanks for you all of your help. It is much appreciated!... Time To Ride!! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Replace the crank sensor. It may be the problem, it won't hurt to have a spare if that doesn't work.
UPDATE:
Hi Misters, I took your advice and changed my crank position sensor. Bike started right up and runs like a champ! Thanks so much for your help and advice.... Stay Safe...:)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts