V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to add a little more power to my 2002 FLHT, not stoplight drag power, but passing car and truck power, mid range power.

I have wild pig pipes, and ness big sucker air cleaner.

What would be nest?

Thanks Tom

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
There are a lot of people here that know a helluva lot more than me, but I am sure happy with what I did and it sounds like our goals are similar.

I didn't want to get into porting heads and I didn't want to have reliability issues.

It seems that 95ci pistons and gear drive cams would be the next move. If you are interested, click my link and then the engine mod tab for my list. If you are fuel injected, I would suggest going to the SERT and having it dyno'ed when you are done.

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
You could do a gear cam setup (Andrews TW26G) with some mild head work (street porting) and have a nice boost in torque/hp. But then the next logical step would be to add the 95" cylinders and pistons for not a whole lot more money.

Sounds to me like you have been bitten by the bug. Warning!! The infection you have just acquired is acute. It only gets worse. The first symptom is an itch. Then as you start to ask questions and research the remedy for this itch, you feel this itch turn into a craving, followed by many headaches and sensations of head spinning (vertigo like). Then after the headaches and head spinning mellow out, you are left with a pounding heart...only to be satisfied (temporarily) by spending money. Which I am speculating, will most likely cost you about $100.00/tq-hp gain.

Take the advice of the people here who also have been bitten by this bug... do a search and READ, READ, and READ some more. What I have found is: The biggest bang for the buck is probably a 98" Millenium kit with Andrews TW37G or Woods TW6G gear cams, SERT (if your bike is injected), and a street porting job done to your heads. And, of course, a good dyno tune. This has the reputation of being an economical, reliable, and fairly powerful build.

Call Steve at GMR Performance (site sponsor) and pick his brain. This is the guy I am dealing with.

YB

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I did a inexpensive mild build, 95 inch flat tops and andrew tw21 cams on my EG and it runs really good(torque right where I want it). I posted a dyno graph in the dyno section.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Call Steve at GMR performance to get his ideas. That 98" kit he sells looks impressive for little money.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
One thing to think about is the gaskets to repalce heads are around $90, atleast at dealer. So if you decide to port later will pay that twice. I am really trying to find money to do it.

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
@gree: call steve and pick his brain. i know you said you do not want to get into porting but bigboyz has a really good price for street porting with the right pistons and bored cylinders mild cam youd be scootin pretty good at an affordable price
Steve can also port your heads for about the same money. Its nice to have choices.

·
Pestilence
2,092 Posts
Throw in a set of cams. TW26 are nice. A set of Kerkers with the big Mikuni baffles. Get some ear plugs.
Save the rest of your money for beer and road trips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts