V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first Harley and am looking for opinions on the best performance
exhaust system for my bike. Have looked at Vance & Hines, Thunder Header, White Bros. web sites. FOund one site that had a comparasion of different models but was limited. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
There is no one BEST exhaust system for a bike. Sound? Appearance? Personal preference. Too many variables. How often do you take the bike over 4000 rpm's? How often do you ride 2 up? Do you have a cam? Are you making other adjustments in the system?

There are a number of sites that make exhaust comparisons.

The most frequently used system is S/E II.

The folks here need more info before they can make an informed recommendation. Otherwise, all you'll get is "I use the xxxx exhaust and I like it."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I was a little vague. Pretty sure I want to go w/the 2 into 1 type. Basically I'm looking for experience that people have had w/the mfg.'s. Such as Thunder Headers, Vance & Hines, etc. Thanks for the quick response. I noticed there is a forum focused on the Dyna series. I will check that out

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 99 FXDX. 103" motor,head work,45mm Mikuni.The pipe I'm running is a White Bros. "E" series.It works great, from idle to 6 grand.It's very tunable(add or subtract discs).I'm runing their Mountain Motor baffle(recomended for 95",or100hp+ motors).This pipe delivers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts