V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a 2002 dyna fxdl and my fuel gauge reads empty when the tank is 1/4 to half full. tested sender and it seems ok. anyone else have the same problem? thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Not acceptable! The fuel guage on my '99 FXDX has been very accurate since day one. Although it differs somewhat in design and location from the FXDL guage, the mechanical aspect is the same.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I have a 2002 FXDL and find the gauge pretty accurate, though it cuts me a little slack (panic a little early rather than run dry, but nothing like a half tank's worth) so it could be something with yours....

Cheers

Mike

·
Registered
305 Posts
marangio,

Don't get in here too often, but while scrolling down the post I was going to suggest to you to bend the float rod - I've done it to "accuratize" every Harley I've owned. Just be careful you don't lose one of those little plastic washers on the screws.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Kags, what is "kekp" ??? LOL

It is my experience that bending a little is WAY better than overdoing it - 1/4 inch is a lot - and bending it 1/8 inch twice is better.

Doubt you will ever get it to read lineraly from full to empty - just gotta pick the point where you want it to be accurate and live with the rest of the range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts