V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just changed out the wife's drag bars on her 03 with the new 2006 Xl1200L bars. She really likes the way they pulled back. I was able to get the switches and clutch cable (barely) routed. My problem is with the front brake line. What cable have some of you used when switching from the drag bars to a pullback type bar. I'd rather not go to braided but would like to stay with the stock look. I tried a 2005 brakeline, it's long enough but the banjo fittings are different. I know I can probably drill it out just enough but would rather not. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Go to the harley dealer and the shop in the back. So many boomers are trading in for braided lines, ask if you can have or buy one of the lines from a dresser or king or whatever. That's what I did for mine when I changed mine to the pullback on the 04. I think my line is actually from a dresser because part of it is metal.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Goodridge has their Ebony universal line and fittings. The line is braided but it's black. Might be worth a look, not much if any more money than a replacement OEM type. J&P and DK among others have them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts