V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Road king with Magnetti Marelli fuel injection system. Recently started having trouble with it idling. It just cuts off. I replaced ignitin coil, fuel pump, plugs and wires. I took it to an authorized Harley dealer and they said the magnetti marelli is a horrible system, any ideas or suggestions on ungrades or conversions?

·
Registered
11,855 Posts
You could always part out all that stuff you threw at it and get a carb conversion. Using search you will find many threads on this subject.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2001 Road king with Magnetti Marelli fuel injection system. Recently started having trouble with it idling. It just cuts off. I replaced ignitin coil, fuel pump, plugs and wires. I took it to an authorized Harley dealer and they said the magnetti marelli is a horrible system, any ideas or suggestions on ungrades or conversions?
It’s the cam position sensor mine went out about 3 months ago and that’s exactly what it was doing the shitty part is that the replacement part Is considered obsolete and is no longer being manufactured by Harley and you can’t get them so what I did is I had no other choice but to do a card conversion and I couldn’t be happier the bike does all the things I could only dream of with the mm efi like idle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts