V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I havea 2001 softail deuce injected. It has a se heavy breather, v&h big radius exhaust, s&s 510g cams and a v&h fuelpak. The fuelpak is the current weak link as my afr leave something to be desired. I am considering the thundermax system as I have future plans(big bore, heads etc). I believe my stock ecu is an early delphi (no o2 sensors) please help me weigh the pros and cons of thundermax vs other options. I know this topic has been discussed but I have yet to see it discussed for my particular application. sorry if this is redundant but I am new here. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My name is Elijah and I am new here. Please forgive me if I have not used proper forum etiquette.

·
Super Moderator
19,568 Posts
Hello everyone. I havea 2001 softail deuce injected. It has a se heavy breather, v&h big radius exhaust, s&s 510g cams and a v&h fuelpak. The fuelpak is the current weak link as my afr leave something to be desired. I am considering the thundermax system as I have future plans(big bore, heads etc). I believe my stock ecu is an early delphi (no o2 sensors) please help me weigh the pros and cons of thundermax vs other options. I know this topic has been discussed but I have yet to see it discussed for my particular application. sorry if this is redundant but I am new here. thanks in advance.
The TMax will give you good service. You'll need to weld in a set of 18mm bugs for the 02 sensors, or switch to a pipe that already has them. Small changes in equipment it will self tune for. But with big changes, like larger jugs or more compression, you'll need to load a new map.

You'll need a laptop and some easy computer skills to work with it.

Now how about you introduce yourself to the membership in the new members area.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Oh my. Lets see now I have the same grips and kept the black switches with chrome covers. There the similarities end. Oh yeah I have a gravel driveway too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Getting back to my original post, any further thoughts on thundermax vs other dyno based tuning solutions? she's a stage 2 build for now but who knows what the future holds. Too much power is almost enough

1 - 13 of 13 Posts