V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to order from this remote country of Bosnia via internet/e-Bay fuel filter canister for my 2001 FLHRCI Road King Classic, but I need the part number, so I'd like to kindly ask you to help me with this information.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
61959-00 is the fuel filter only. 61343-00 is fuel filter kit which includes, fuel filter, clamps and hose(fuel filter to pump)

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you road_king, I appreciate your help very much. I searched the internet, I could not find the photo, but I found the prices: the whole kit is CHEAPER than the fuel filter alone!

Just to be 100% sure, are we talking about this fuel filter ? (check out enclosed photo; even though this photo is from OEM H-D manual, the first hose/tube pump-to-fuel filter is shown here, but the SECOND hose/tube that goes from the filter is not shown, funny):

Thanks again.

P.S.

One more question: why we need - eventually - to change fuel filter (canister) on 50.000 miles, when there is an "initial obstruction" on the fuel pump - Fuel Pump Inlet Filter! This fuel pump inlet filter weaving is so compact, it seems that no dirt can pass this first line of defense, and the "dirt" itself must be magician to get up to the fuel filter canister.

Your comments are very welcome, thanks.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
One more comment/information: in order to inspect the fuel tank and the filter(s), when I removed fuel from the tank as well as the fuel pump, the tank and the fuel pump inlet filter were absolutely clean, like brand new, no dirt, no residues, absolutely nothing, perfect!

Taking this information into account, what do you think, do I really need to change that fuel filter (canister)? We are talking about 68.000 miles on the bike.

The day after update: I have just bought the filter (canister), since the book says "change it", so I'll change it. I was lucky, I found the one on the e-Bay for US$ 40 (including shipping costs), since the dealer(ship) price is about US$ 100, few bucks more or less.

2 road_king: thanks again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fuel pump installation help

Is there a trick to getting the spring on the fuel pump assembly compressed during re-installation? I swapped out the filter, have the assembly inside the tank, but am having difficulty mating the top plate to the top of the tank. The manual says to just push it down and install new screws; but I am afraid to push it down hard and damage the assembly. Is there a trick or tool?
Thanks for any advice! Roger

I took the assembly back out of the tank, and used string to hold the spring compressed. I Re-inserted the pump assembly, started the fasteners, untied the string and pulled it out. Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
16 Posts
<<<I know this is an old thread>>>

I been searching for a fuel filter for mine, 2001 RK EFI FLHRI, filter is in tank. I live in Italy, the dealers here tell me 169euro ($200) for the filter, 265euro ($300+) for the kit. I call Harley dealer in the states and they tell me they cant help me cuzz its obsolete and they have no cross ref or aftermarket number, WTF.

Can anybody help me here?

Thanks

Gregg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts