V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pic of the 2001 Hellcat with the 120" MERCH motor I'm putting back to OEM. Looks like I will be machining the parts I need as I had no response to my inquiries around the Web for Confederate Hellcat G1 parts. :crying:

I'll post some pic as soon as I finish the tank and get it mounted. I had to repair the fuel line equalizer fittings...brass screwed into carbon fiber threads is a joke and I don't understand why Confederate did this when there is so much over built and heavy duty designs incorporated in this work of art, you would have thought they could have put steel connectors embedded in the carbon fiber for the fittings to screw into.
Hehe, that is what I did...glassed in 1/8" pipe couplings flush to the carbon fiber, then sealed the tank with Dragons Blood tank liner. No leaks and now touching up the repair with black paint it will look OEM when completed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here are some pic of the 2001 Hellcat with the 120" MERCH motor I'm putting back to OEM. Looks like I will be machining the parts I need as I had no response to my inquiries around the Web for Confederate Hellcat G1 parts. :crying:

I'll post some pic as soon as I finish the tank and get it mounted. I had to repair the fuel line equalizer fittings...brass screwed into carbon fiber threads is a joke and I don't understand why Confederate did this when there is so much over built and heavy duty designs incorporated in this work of art, you would have thought they could have put steel connectors embedded in the carbon fiber for the fittings to screw into.
Hehe, that is what I did...glassed in 1/8" pipe couplings flush to the carbon fiber, then sealed the tank with Dragons Blood tank liner. No leaks and now touching up the repair with black paint it will look OEM when completed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When a new bike ( or anything for that matter!) is designed and built their are always oversights (flaws) from both designers and engineers. And these oversights only become apparent during the test phase which may include Beta testers (customers who a model from the first year of the production run) from the field, and sometimes problems don’t become readily apparent until years ( and many miles) later... so any design has to be tweaked with modifications incorporated in later production runs. This is PIP ( product improvement program ) . This sort of thing is what many systems and platforms go through

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
ConfederadoRide
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing