V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a buddy that just put a Metzler 200 on his Fatbob. It looks great, anybody done this? Any negative side effects other then the additional cost? It is a 200/60 vs 180/70 so I would think the speedo would be really close.

·
Registered
534 Posts
that 200 tire should really be on a 5.5" rim, not the stock 5"... its also a little shorter, so his speedo will read a bit higher...

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I have a 200 rear tire on my Super Glide. I changed the whole rear to a 6" rim to make it work. With the 200 it very close to the edge of the fender and with weight of 2 up it will rub the side of the inside of the fender. Make sure you watch the wire for the turn signals the tire will rub the wire and cut them. That is why I went to a 9" fender.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have a 200 rear tire on my Super Glide. I changed the whole rear to a 6" rim to make it work. With the 200 it very close to the edge of the fender and with weight of 2 up it will rub the side of the inside of the fender. Make sure you watch the wire for the turn signals the tire will rub the wire and cut them. That is why I went to a 9" fender

What year is your bike.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My bike is a 09 Fatbob, it only has 2k on it but the tire is already showing mild signs of flat spotting. I was just planning for the future. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
752 Posts
"I have an 07 Super Glide, Dyna 1584"

I too have a 07 SuperGlide and I was running a Avon Cobra 200/55 17 on a 07 NighTrain rim, no problem. What modifacation did you do, I can help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why is it when someone asks a direct question everyone wants to jump on the technical talk wagon an divert from the question. Someone asked if it would work and not one person answered directly. Thougt we were here to help each other. WOW

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Why is it when someone asks a direct question everyone wants to jump on the technical talk wagon an divert from the question. Someone asked if it would work and not one person answered directly. Thougt we were here to help each other. WOW
Out of 4,000+ members might be more I haven't looked in a couple years probably 50 actually comment. Twenty something are regulars and comment daily. All these individuals interpret in their mind what they read and thus comment. I am 67, but this hasn't made me any smarter and more than a few times members have said wth is he talking about.2¢

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
894 Posts
A member for 1 hour and already whining. Looks like some good answers to me, He should have a wider rim, wider fender, speedo may be wrong. Should someone just install it for you? What answer do you WANT.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep, bit harsh criticizing people for comments they made 10+ years ago haha. You wouldn’t be a politician or in the media by and chance? They are good at criticizing the past actions of people haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts