V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with installing a Sanatee Wide Tire Kit for a softail 91-99. I wouls like to put one in a 99' Nightrain, looking to do a little reasearch first. Thanks in advance.

Cnightrain
Ride Safe.

·
Registered
22 Posts
cnightrain said:
Does anyone have any experience with installing a Sanatee Wide Tire Kit for a softail 91-99. I wouls like to put one in a 99' Nightrain, looking to do a little reasearch first. Thanks in advance.

Cnightrain
Ride Safe.
I put one on a 98 FXSTC about 2 yrs ago, you'l need a 8.5" min. rear fender, 5.5" RR wheel, (an 18" wheel looks cool), tire, spacers,ECT. Cut the horns from the frame. Take care when mt'ing the fender (center & tire clearance). Mabey a new seat, or have your seat reworked. Paint & bodywork. No big superises if you fit everthing first. Take your time, check everthing twice. I think you can get the swingarm chromed for a little more $. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
cnightrain said:

Cnightrain
Ride Safe.
I put one on a 98 FXSTC about 2 yrs ago, you'l need a 8.5" min. rear fender, 5.5" RR wheel, (an 18" wheel looks cool), tire, spacers,ECT. Cut the horns from the frame. Take care when mt'ing the fender (center & tire clearance). Mabey a new seat, or have your seat reworked. Paint & bodywork. No big superises if you fit everthing first. Take your time, check everthing twice. I think you can get the swingarm chromed for a little more $. Good Luck!!

·
Noch ein Bier, bitte!
113 Posts
I saw a new one at Bartell's Harley in Los Angeles last week. It was an 05, and it looked really good. Funny thing is, the price sticker listed it as a "complete custom", and all they had done was changed the rear end out for a fat tire, put a new fender and new seat. It was totally stock from the seat forward.

It looked real good, but they were asking $32,500 for it! I'm not sure I would pay the extra $16000 bucks for a tire and fender myself.:yikes:

How much is it going to cost you to do it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice, but I thought that you could only get a 5" rim for that swingarm kit. I appreciate all of the advice anyway.

Cnightrain

1 - 7 of 7 Posts