V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
URL=http://imageshack.us]
[/URL]

Used the Hog Pro kit. With 5.5 X 18 60 spoke rim Narrow belt and guard. :woohoo:

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Wow, looks great. I am about to do the exact same thing to my 03. I am about to pull the trigger on the exact same set-up, same wheel and tire.

Other than the pulley and belt guards, did you have to do any modifications to get the 200 mm Metz to fit? I would rather go with the Metz but I understand the Avon is a little narrower and makes fitment easier.

Do you still have the inner fender support brackets on the inside of the fender?

Did you have to modify (shave) the brake caliper?

Is your bike lowered, or stock height?

Again...it looks awesome.....

Thanks........

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments guys !!
The 60 spoke wheel is one of Hog Pro's wheels. I used the 60 spoker because when you use a wide rim with 40 spokes, to me it looks like there is not enough spokes.

The heavy metal brackets are removed. The 2 thin fender brackets with studs are reversed. Installed from inside with studs facing out and thinner nuts used than the tips of studs cut off so that out fender chrome cover will fit back on. The tail/t-sig light wire harness is reattached to inside top of fender.
The stock brake caliper fits so perfect with no mods. You have to jocky it around some when you move that large tire/rim assy. in with rotor on, but it fell into place.
Bikes is lowered.
I like the Metz and asked about the differents in width to the Avon , was told they where very simular and there would be no problem. At this time there is no problem. Was told there is a differents between the 2 in the 180 X 18 size, with the Avon being wider.
This wheel changed the looks of the Bike, BIG TIME. Even the Wife tripped out :)yikes:) on it !!!!!!!!!

Black deuce, check Hog Pros site for a Gallery of tons of Deuces with the 200 installed, some lowered to the ground. www.hogpro.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts