V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Life is short pray hard!
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I just got a 20% off coupon from Harbor Freight Sales expires 2/25/06. If you are looking at some of the more expensive items there it could save you a bunch! They have their bike lift on sale for $299.00 and with 20% off it would be $240.00 not a bad price. I already have a lift but I am going to pick up a hydraulic press 20 ton for $144.00 with the coupon. Just thought you might want to know. If you aren't on their email list just send me your email address and I will forward the coupon to you.

Starbound

·
Life is short pray hard!
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bigtwin,
I wasn't talking about the jack style lift, this is their table style lift. Item number 91764-1VGA. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91764 I am not saying its the best, because I have a superlifts ML1000 table lift, but I have seen this lift discussed on this forum before and it is the least expensive one out there. I will agree that the craftsman jack style lift is better than the Harbor Freight one, but it does cost more.

Starbound

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
Sprung said:
Every Chinese tool you'll ever need. Sigh.:mad: Oh Well, I've bought 'em too. :yes:
Thus I buy the $2.95 extended warranty on nearly everything I buy there.. Mark a date on the box and within a month of the warranty expiration I take it back and get a new one.

Looked at this table last week that Starbound is talking about. Don't know, looks good but didn't care for the front wheel clamp all that much.

o~\o

·
Registered
434 Posts
Texan said:
Thus I buy the $2.95 extended warranty on nearly everything I buy there.. Mark a date on the box and within a month of the warranty expiration I take it back and get a new one.

Looked at this table last week that Starbound is talking about. Don't know, looks good but didn't care for the front wheel clamp all that much.

o~\o
Shoot, I've never had their stuff break. It just eats me up that they can produce this and ship it so damn cheap. I compare it to the USA stuff and for my needs I just plain can't pay the substantially higher price for the US product. :dunno: This only applies to tools like shop press and such. Hand tools are a different story although the Asisan stuff is much better today than it was just a few years ago.

·
Life is short pray hard!
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sprung said:
Shoot, I've never had their stuff break. It just eats me up that they can produce this and ship it so damn cheap. I compare it to the USA stuff and for my needs I just plain can't pay the substantially higher price for the US product. :dunno: This only applies to tools like shop press and such. Hand tools are a different story although the Asisan stuff is much better today than it was just a few years ago.
I agree Sprung, I have never had any of their stuff break. They have a lot of neat little gadgets. Don't have any of their hand tools, I usually buy Craftsman. I do have two sets of deep impact sockets and impact extensions and never had a problem with them. For the price their stuff is hard to beat. I figure if it does break I'm not out that much anyway. The clamp on the table lift is a little cheesy! I would replace that with a handy style clamp which is what is on my superlift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts