V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found directions on nightrider on how to build a simple center lift for about $20. I made one, it was easy and it works well. Posted this in a couple of places because I thought it would be very helpful for those who want to work on their bike without spending a lot for a lift. www.nightrider.com/biketech/bikelift.htm

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
$20 ---------- ??????????

Welder whipped this up at work from a few scrap bits --------- cost $00.00 :)

Lifts bike effortlessly now, I got the angle just right, very stable, really strong too! :clap:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
That's sweet Snowman!

Can you sit on the FX at the kitchen table while it's out of service?

·
Sales Weasel
143 Posts
I found directions on nightrider on how to build a simple center lift for about $20. I made one, it was easy and it works well. Posted this in a couple of places because I thought it would be very helpful for those who want to work on their bike without spending a lot for a lift. www.nightrider.com/biketech/bikelift.htm
I made one of these a few years ago for my old shovelhead. It worked great and came in handy quite a few times.

·
Older than dirt
52 Posts
Looks just like the "Heindl" that I bought last year. After I got it, came to the conclusion I could have welded one up. Like the length of the lever on the one pictured above. The Heindl is not as long which means more "pulling" to raise the bike

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts