V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Run Silent Run Deep...
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience or knowledge of a speaker and amplifier setup from a company called 2 Wheel Tunes? (www.2wheeltunes.com) I have heard some good comments, but was wondering if anyone had first hand knowledge of the sound quality.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I saw a bit on them on 2 wheel Tuesday one night. It seems they have metal "bullets" that 2" speakers go into, as well as a small amp. The system they showed on that program wanted you to use an outside source such as an MP3 player for input. This system was to put tunes on a bike where no audio system cam stock. Dont know anymore about them--

PEZ

·
Registered
428 Posts
Got it for my Road King. very nice. I use itwith an ipod...good sound up to 70mph with a windshield. At 80 I can still hear it, but sometimes harder to understand. Thats with SE1pipes. I like it.

·
Run Silent Run Deep...
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ranger thanks for the input, can you tell me a little about the wiring and hgow you ran the wires, was it difficult and how long does it take to install. At 70 mph is the sound clear?

·
Run Silent Run Deep...
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installed the 2wheeltunes system this weekend, and it ROCKS! easy install good fit, good quality, wired the amp to the accessory switch on the left side of the nacelle. I use a Rio Mp3 with FM radio built in, the MP3 has an equalizer so you can adjust the sound quality. 12 degrees here today, can't wait for at least a 30 degree day to get out and see what it sounds like on the road, I have V&H Big Shot Duals for baggers, and they are freakin Loud, so we will see what the sound is like with them.:cheers:

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
i have installed 2 of these with xm recievers in road kings. Just make sure whichever music media player you are getting has an external vloume control. When i did these the company (2wheeltunes) did not offer that feature as of yet. Also the speakers sound pretty good, but are not "as good" imho as like an eglides radio set up. But here there 2 inch speakers i guess..right...anyway, they are a well made product. They are availible through drag specialties if anyone interested......

·
Registered
132 Posts
how do they compare to Rumble road ?

dont mean to jack the thread ..i to was thinking of either rumble road speakers with built in amp...or 2 wheel tunes....unfortunately i havent seen or heard either system...was wondering if you guys had before you decided to buy...

·
Run Silent Run Deep...
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just wanted something clean and unobtrusive looking, to me the rumble road set up looks like something from a 50's Sci Fi movie, plus I have a tach mounted and that type of set up doesn't work for me. So far love the 2 wheel tunes setup.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Ranger thanks for the input, can you tell me a little about the wiring and hgow you ran the wires, was it difficult and how long does it take to install. At 70 mph is the sound clear?
Mtroin-sorry I missed your post. too busy lately..ugh!!

I attached some connectors and wired it to a 1 of my dual accessory hookups. The speakers and amp mounted easily,though I'd recommend getting the RK mount for it. At 70 the sound is clear and I can sing along..lol.I have SE pipes stage 1 and 95". At 80 I have to listen to hear whats playing. But it sure breaks up the long hauls, especially across the great plains. If you want to meet up sometime and check it out, I see youre in StL also. We can meet at 1of the local dealers. PM me.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Either 400 or 500(cant remember..I paid 300 or 400 as an introductory offer).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts