V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an appt this wed with the dealer. my bike is an 07 rk custom ,with close to 6500 miles on it ever since my first day the nuetral light can go on and off at any givin time and stay on for different time lenghts ,sometimes for 5 mins sometimes all day . I figured it was just an adjustment and it never really bothered me .Now it seems like sometimes the red key for the fob on the speedo comes on and off as im driving ,every once in awhile during a LONG ride the key will stay on after driving long and hard I may come to a idle and it will stall ,it wont ever start again till I pull the maxi fuse and replug it back in ,,,then problem gone till it comes back , the dealer says its throwing a wrong code which i can see on the starting problem but I really would like an experts opinion on this forum

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Don't Even Mess With It!!!!

Let the steeler mess with it!!! Don't let them piss in your ear, that it was a lose wire. Make them replace the security module and ecm before the warr. is up!!-2$en#e-

·
Registered
218 Posts
SEAREEF228 said:
DID U HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE FOB ,THE RED KEY ON THE SPEEDO ???
No problems withthe FOB. If you get a red key light on the speedo it can mean you have codes stored. The 07's store codes in two spots, not just the one. When the sending unit went out it was shooting all sorts of strange codes.

·
Coonass Extraordinaire
681 Posts
My red key on the speedo stays on all the time also. I've got a 2007 FXST. I've never had an issue with it stalling and/or not starting. I was told that the reason for my key light staying on is because I pulled all of the turn signals off of my bike. Personally, I don't care that the light is on, as long as it starts, and runs. I rode from here (Oklahoma City) to Austin in June for the ROT Rally, and the light was on the entire time (1400 miles round trip).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts