V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the J&P catolog the have the new 2into1 rineharts listed but they are on back order. I am interested in these pipes . has anybody heard anything about them. maybe it was the Dennis Kirk book

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Bigtwin101 said:
In the J&P catolog the have the new 2into1 rineharts listed but they are on back order. I am interested in these pipes . has anybody heard anything about them. maybe it was the Dennis Kirk book

I asked for any performance feedback on these about a month ago with no reply's. BUB has updated their website to include these pipes along with a sound bite, not sure how authentic the sound is vs. real life, but I personally did not care for the sound the pipe produced.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
nope no bagger pic, just the 06 dyna and softail. that was my newest jp book i got a couple weeks ago

·
Registered
71 Posts
talked to Terry today from tech support re: 2-1 rineharts. Although I am thinking of going pro pipe, I initially liked the looks. As far as sound, that's a personal perception ( same reason they paint cars different colors). I liked the sound: if I was sipping a cold one in my favorite watering hole, I would readily identify the staccato harley sound. (used to have a fat cat on my r.k., loved the performance, but sounded like a tuned ducati). Told him I was not interested in a company that was putting out a 2-1 just because everyone else is. Terry seemed quite knowledgeble, and I doubt he was working from a cheat sheet. He discussed engineering of system, hitting upon anti reversion collector design, end cap design, sonic/pulse velocity, etc. Decibal level was given to me by Dennis, owner of BUB: idle 95 db, 2500 rpm: 103 db. For comparison as per cycle spot tech article, V&H quick strikes, same as bss: idle98; w/quiet baffle-92. I might just try them, someone has to find out if they get accolades or bitchin about the waste of money. Supposedly, cycle spot has them in stock for softail. As per Terry, they are close to dresser being ready. Sorry for lengthy reply. retired lt

·
Registered
17 Posts
Retired,I'm hot on those new Bub(R/H)2-1 pipes also. Did they offer any Dyno sht's maybe showing or claiming no torq dip? Also did they say anything about non-02(bung) softail usage? Thanks,Al

·
Registered
71 Posts
Only dyno sheet was on bub website-don't trust company dyno info. Terry (tech) said it pulls straight and up from 2200 rpm. O2 sensor outlet is out of sight and plugged from factory. dyno sheet from stock bike, sound byte from stock bike, recorded outdoors. Check www.bubent.com

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
retired lt said:
talked to Terry today from tech support re: 2-1 rineharts. Although I am thinking of going pro pipe, I initially liked the looks. As far as sound, that's a personal perception ( same reason they paint cars different colors). I liked the sound: if I was sipping a cold one in my favorite watering hole, I would readily identify the staccato harley sound. (used to have a fat cat on my r.k., loved the performance, but sounded like a tuned ducati). Told him I was not interested in a company that was putting out a 2-1 just because everyone else is. Terry seemed quite knowledgeble, and I doubt he was working from a cheat sheet. He discussed engineering of system, hitting upon anti reversion collector design, end cap design, sonic/pulse velocity, etc. Decibal level was given to me by Dennis, owner of BUB: idle 95 db, 2500 rpm: 103 db. For comparison as per cycle spot tech article, V&H quick strikes, same as bss: idle98; w/quiet baffle-92. I might just try them, someone has to find out if they get accolades or bitchin about the waste of money. Supposedly, cycle spot has them in stock for softail. As per Terry, they are close to dresser being ready. Sorry for lengthy reply. retired lt
Just for comparison purposes, V&H told me that the db's of their ProPipe & BSS were both at 105. I can only assume that is the loudest reading under throttle.

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
SFTL-1 said:
Just for comparison purposes, V&H told me that the db's of their ProPipe & BSS were both at 105. I can only assume that is the loudest reading under throttle.
The 2500 rpm decibal reading is given because that is the rpm that the SAE standard says to test at. They have some complex formula that uses the torque peak divided by something or other to give the rpm for testing. For example on my Yamaha WR450 the test is done at 4200 rpm but on my bud's KTM its done at 3750rpm.

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.