V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a two-inch tank lift on my RK. What do you think?

Before lift

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

After lift

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
the bike looks much better in person. Wasn't really sure if it was going to be a waste of money, but I am very happy with the results and well worth the money. The bike looks chopped.

Here is the link where I got the kit from

http://www.chopperstyle.net/

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
bigjailerman said:
Looks real good Mickey, I wish they made for my 95...
I made my own for my Deuce!

·
Super Moderator
5,582 Posts
Looks great with the tall bars, still on the fence with that R&R cam cover though, looks a little metric to me.

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BVBOB said:
Looks great with the tall bars, still on the fence with that R&R cam cover though, looks a little metric to me.
:laugh:
I would have to agree with you on that

·
Registered
394 Posts
Lift looks good! I'll be doing similar when I replace my tank next winter.

·
155" R&R TwinCam
3,437 Posts
The rear of the tank is not raised?The R&R cover looks great to me,it makes a statement about what is behind it.

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dog155 said:
The rear of the tank is not raised?The R&R cover looks great to me,it makes a statement about what is behind it.
The rear of tanks stays the same, just the front is lifted. I wonder if she will run a few degrees cooler now the covers are more exsposed.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Mickeys-Customs said:
The rear of tanks stays the same, just the front is lifted. I wonder if she will run a few degrees cooler now the covers are more exsposed.
Just curious if it will affect fuel range as I wonder if you will be able to use all the fuel in your tank. It seems that all of the fuel on the right side of the tank will not be able full thru the cross over tube into the left side.

How does the new cam plate sound? Quieter than stock? I want to pull the trigger on one but just can't part with that much $ until I hear more on them.

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The web site for the lift http://www.chopperstyle.net/ notes that it will affect the fuel guage be having the low fuel light come on sooner, thus having more fuel in the tank (having had to fuel up yet to see for myself)

As for the R&R cam/support plate. The engine is much quiter now with the new cams and support plate, and now all I hear is the primary noise.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Mickeys-Customs said:
The web site for the lift http://www.chopperstyle.net/ notes that it will affect the fuel guage be having the low fuel light come on sooner, thus having more fuel in the tank (having had to fuel up yet to see for myself)

As for the R&R cam/support plate. The engine is much quiter now with the new cams and support plate, and now all I hear is the primary noise.
Did you have any clearance problems with exhaust? I have a supertrapp 2:1.

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No not at all.
I was prepared to cut/modify my front pipe heat shield but it was not necessary.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts