V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a late model evo, set up on a Santee frame. But I was giving a Holley/Screaming Eagle two barrel carb. for Christmas this past year. My Dad purchased this new off the internet for his 03 TC, but he sold it and gave me this carb for mine. In saying this, the instructions in the box say that the intake manifold's will bolt up to Evo's, just earlier years need another adapter, but it says that this particular intake set up should bolt up to my stock Evo head's.
I was just wondering if any one on here has had any experiance with this or any knowledge that would help me out before I spend all my time not to mention the money trying to get this to fit and it won't or not worth it .

Big Chris

·
Registered
297 Posts
BlessedHellride said:
I'm running a late model evo, set up on a Santee frame. But I was giving a Holley/Screaming Eagle two barrel carb. for Christmas this past year. My Dad purchased this new off the internet for his 03 TC, but he sold it and gave me this carb for mine. In saying this, the instructions in the box say that the intake manifold's will bolt up to Evo's, just earlier years need another adapter, but it says that this particular intake set up should bolt up to my stock Evo head's.
I was just wondering if any one on here has had any experiance with this or any knowledge that would help me out before I spend all my time not to mention the money trying to get this to fit and it won't or not worth it .

Big Chris
I have not had any experience with that particular carburetor but I have never heard of anyone who got them to work well. While they were in production the word got around pretty quickly that they were a headache. It's a shame that such a respected name as Holley couldn't get it right........Bill

·
Banned
871 Posts
BlessedHellride said:

Big Chris
They are good in theory, but poor in design. And yes, they are a bear to tune. You'd be better off selling it and getting an S&S or some other simple, hi-perf carb, IMHO. :)

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just My Luck Too

Man all that negative feed back on the two barrel carbs just sux azz. I can't sell the dang thing, my father would dis-own me. I'm gonna try and install it any way just to say yeah Dad I put it on and it made my bike run like S**T, so he won't complain to much or say that I didn't appreciate his jesture in giving me a $600 carb set up. But if I can get it on there and get the quirks worked out of it, its gonna be party time. ?prty: :beer:~!Awesome! !drunk!

·
Registered
297 Posts
BlessedHellride said:
Man all that negative feed back on the two barrel carbs just sux azz. I can't sell the dang thing, my father would dis-own me. I'm gonna try and install it any way just to say yeah Dad I put it on and it made my bike run like S**T, so he won't complain to much or say that I didn't appreciate his jesture in giving me a $600 carb set up. But if I can get it on there and get the quirks worked out of it, its gonna be party time. ?prty: :beer:~!Awesome! !drunk!
Fair enough. I would have no problem trying it out either, especially if it is going to keep Dad happy. Remember that many carb tuning issues are directly related to the exhaust system being used, baffles are important to help reduce reversion. The same thing goes for air cleaners, a quality filter will work much better than those cheap foam elements and help to cut down on reversion as well. Keep us posted!.........Bill

·
Banned
169 Posts
I've had one for about six years I got off the buy back shelf from Duluth MN H-D. Everybody was afraid of it, even their techs so I took it off their hands for $225.00 including the jet kit. My plans are to run it on a hot flathead some day.

Anyway, I have seen them dialed in on 80 inch Evos and they run like stink with very good gas mileage too because of how the annular discharge boosters atomize fuel.

The S&S two barrel was a bottom end, mid range carb because of the small passages and individual runners but they made Pans and 74 inch Shovels run real sweet too.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
...I ran a S&S on a 80" Shovel (83 FXE), have to agree KKRider, once dialed in it runs great!

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have decided to take my sled to an Indy to have the Two Barrel Carb put on. He's an old retired biker, fairly nice fella, had him do a wiring harness on my sled before. I figured he would be better at tuning it than I would so I figured it would be money well spent.

·
Obsolete Rider
1,728 Posts
2 more cents worth

I have a twin dellorto on my 80" shovel.
It is set up rich but runs great!
(although right now it is spread across the workbench)
I'm not about to run anything else.
Also like the look. :)

:banana:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.