V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know if an afr sensor used at a dyno tune center can be inserted up to the headers thru the muffler. Any feed back on performance , or pros or cons from anyone useing this pipe would be appreciated too. Thanks in advance, cause sometimes I loose my place. Thanks

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
No, the AFR sensor can NOT be inserted correctly with out drilling a hole in it. Just drill a hole yourself or have the dyno tech do it for you. You could sneak it in the holes in the baffle but it wont be up far enough for the corredt afr reading.

As for performance of the BP pipe, it depends on the build and bike. Its not a big motor pipe at all. Its also a little quiter than its brother the HS.

·
Registered
621 Posts
TXCHOP said:
As for performance of the BP pipe, it depends on the build and bike. Its not a big motor pipe at all. Its also a little quiter than its brother the HS.
I have the BP pipe and it is restrictive....I lost 5-10 hp on the top end, but my torque curve looked really good. I wanted a quieter pipe and this one sounds okay.

As TXCHOP points out, you got to drill to get the sensor in...we did not, cause I have AFR readout on my speedometer and we used that to check it.

Regards,
NC

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I confirm. I've seen it and heard it, but how important is top end horse power?5-10 seem to be alot to loose. Im runing stock, stage 1 on 07 ultra.

·
Registered
621 Posts
angleflights said:
I confirm. I've seen it and heard it, but how important is top end horse power?5-10 seem to be alot to loose. Im runing stock, stage 1 on 07 ultra.
I will most likely go to the V&H Big Radius (which I've heard is the best 2 to 1 out there???) or the fatcat, at a later date. Right now, I'm not concerned about the HP lose, bike is running really good and my torque is where it should be.

Regards,
NC

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
angleflights said:
On a stock bike, it may be o.k.????? On a built motor i know i lost a lot more than 5-10 with it. I now use fatcats for bikes that require o2 sensors. I still like the propipe HS for earlier bikes.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
TXCHOP is right. The Propipe HS has a removeable baffle that you can alter to get optimum performance out of. Still have to drill for the AFR sensor, though in the standard baffle. Better performance than the BP straight out of the box, too.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you one and all, being a part of this site is like haveing someone watch your back, you know what I mean, thanks. Now I just hope VH dos'nt have a restock fee.

I should have read the fine print.=devil= Made me do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts