V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to True Duals appears to be a good option if one wants to eliminate the heat generated by the OEM cross-over pipe. The rear pipe on the 2-1 systems is not in the same place as the OEM cross-over, but I was wondering if there was much heat felt from this pipe? If I had to guess I would think that the heat issue with a 2-1 system would be less than the OEM but more than True Dual. I'd like to hear from those who are using these systems. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
2-1 heat

I just ordered one and should be getting it within a few days; It'll be installed on an 06' Fboy with PCIIIusb, and K&N RK-3909 air kit. I'll let you know...

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Kam,

I believe jlelliott was referring to the heat problem generated with the factory crossover header pipes on baggers. Fatboys don't, afaik, use that system.

T113

·
your ad could be here
380 Posts
My experience.....

jlelliott said:
Going to True Duals appears to be a good option if one wants to eliminate the heat generated by the OEM cross-over pipe. The rear pipe on the 2-1 systems is not in the same place as the OEM cross-over, but I was wondering if there was much heat felt from this pipe? If I had to guess I would think that the heat issue with a 2-1 system would be less than the OEM but more than True Dual. I'd like to hear from those who are using these systems. Thanks.
I went from the Factory crossover to the Thunderheader 2:1 - vastly more comfortable on an all-day ride. Most 2:1 exhausts effectively sweep the rear cylinder's exhaust low and away from the rider's thigh, and this makes a difference in the saddle.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I get less heat from my trapp 2:1 then when it was stock with slip ons. 04 flhtc. An added benifit is when I went with the 2:1 my oil temp dropped according to my oil temp gauge.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks......

for the replies. The comment about lower oil temp was interesting. Think I will try the True Duals first and if not happy then move to 2:1.

J

1 - 6 of 6 Posts