V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that D&D is great but a bit less deep. Some folks love the RB racing and some love the Thunderheader. If you are build a 124 motor for a bagger, what would you do for quality, sound and power?

·
Registered
460 Posts
winston1156 said:
I have been told that D&D is great but a bit less deep. Some folks love the RB racing and some love the Thunderheader. If you are build a 124 motor for a bagger, what would you do for quality, sound and power?
D&D Boarzilla headpipe with Supertrapp Supermeg muffler with tuneable disc closed end cap.

Lowest Db level with low note and better HP/TQ numbers than either the Boarzilla or Sumpermeg can make by themselves.

Neighbors will love you, cops want bother you, your ears want ring and you can hear your radio with out maxing out the volumn. Makes riding all day a pleasure.

·
Speed Addict
467 Posts
04GLIDE said:
Look up RB racings 124" Challenge Pipe. It's made just for your motor.

Good advise, but remember the Challenge has no baffles and an 11 1/2" collector so it puts out some dbs. I get some very unfriendly looks at times if I am not careful with the throttle in urban settings.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks

I don't care about decibels. I seem to be able to lay off the throttle when, for example, riding past a funeral procession etc. As long as the sound is deep and Harley, I am liking it!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Using the Borzilla with quiet baffle for the 131" Should work just fine...

·
Go fast or dont go.
150 Posts
i know ill prob get slayed for saying this but, you couldnt give me a thunderheader. i cnt speak for R&B Racings options on a bagger but you can see in my sig what im running. this is my second R&B pipe and ive had them all. if R&B is not an option then D&D would be my second choice, quality and perf. i know there are mixed reviews regarding R&B's customer relations, but it is without a doubt the best pipe ive ever had. a wee bit on the loud side but the sound is second to none. you can see the specs on my pipe below, no baffle, just plain old bad ass.

·
I'm gonna powder his nose
537 Posts
Yeah bad ass....that rear cylinder pipe is a nice tatooer......

IF I designed something like that I'd get fired.

·
Go fast or dont go.
150 Posts
i'm all for something better...put up what you have, ill buy it and it'll be on the dyno at R&R this week and then we'll all know. i have a 2006 CVO fatboy the engine specs below. [email protected], give me the model # of your pipe (we know it wont burn us) and a picture of your product. this must be something new that i missed, i cant wait. all the data regarding R&B's performance, D&D Borzilla and the TH we already have (on this motor) and you are welcome to it. so design a good one that throws down big numbers on big inch motors and wont burn anyone, and ill use it. i have no loyalty to any pipe builder, so if your pipe flows as easiley as your mouth does, ill be using a new pipe.

email me for my phone number when your ready for the transaction. take care.

·
Go fast or dont go.
150 Posts
i just saw your sig ohiomotoxer now i understand, your running a TH. to each his own, but the TH was the worst performing of the bunch, not to mention cheap. in 3 years of running the R&B pipe i have yet to burn my leg on the rear primary, now i have melted the heal of my boot on the front a little. this obviousely was an issue for you, so now that we are past that, design away.

IF I designed something like that I'd get fired.
design away if you can, the offer still stands, but the TH has already been run and its not worth the money or time. the D&D Borzilla blew it away on quality and performance (which was my second choice). did you know S&S uses all R&B pipes in every one of their dyno rooms? i wonder why that is? ill tell you why, they produce the HP and TQ, the welds are tight, smooth bore and produce more HP on big inch motors that anyone else. if you can build a pipe that does more than that, i want it! ill be the first to throw the money at you and be a staunch supporter of your product. then again if all you are talking about is the TH, well ive spent enough time and money on it to know better.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Bagger Pipes

winston1156 said:
For a Bagger/124, we would reccomend a D&D Fatcat, not the Borezilla.
Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
scott, would you go to a borezilla if the bike were lighter, like a dyna? you stated you would stick with fatcat on a 124 BAGGER, im assuming to not lose tq?

thanks

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
I think the Boarzilla won't work with bags because of the upward slant. The Fat Cat will.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Pipe

claydbal said:
scott, would you go to a borezilla if the bike were lighter, like a dyna? you stated you would stick with fatcat on a 124 BAGGER, im assuming to not lose tq?

thanks
Claydbal,
The Borezilla seems to have quite a torque loss, down low, on engines of even the 124" size, unless they have some extensive modifications. Perhaps a Borezilla on a Dyna, as it is a lighter bike, and it could/would rip through the dead spot quicker, but we hate to see a torque loss in that part of the rpm band on any bike.
Scott

·
Registered
917 Posts
<<The Borezilla seems to have quite a torque loss, down low, on engines of even the 124" size, unless they have some extensive modifications. >>

I think a lot depends on the head/cam combo.

Over at HTT a guy with a 114 using the RP supercast heads did a back to back test with the Fatcat (std baffle) and Borezilla and the Borezilla tq was almost a push...with quite a bit more hp. I am getting old and I can't remember what cam.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
Hillsidecycle.com said:
Claydbal,
The Borezilla seems to have quite a torque loss, down low, on engines of even the 124" size, unless they have some extensive modifications. Perhaps a Borezilla on a Dyna, as it is a lighter bike, and it could/would rip through the dead spot quicker, but we hate to see a torque loss in that part of the rpm band on any bike.
Scott
thats what i thought you meant, thanks for the answer.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
The new vance and hines for 2007 baggers has an 2.25 bafflle, is blue proof, the tech told me its a completely redesigned header and muffler. The muffler chamber runs the length of the muffler, and I belive he mentiond around 100 dcb's and 10% hp and tq increase.

I ve ordered one from motorcycle pro shop, for 478.95. They also mentioned the competion race baffles will not fit from earlier hs version.

I thinks he also mentioned you cant look clear thru the muffler, and the back presure is adjustable. Is good for low and midrange tq.

This isnt a recomendation cause I just dont know, Im just saing its what available for 2007 baggers from vance and hines.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
angleflights said:
The new vance and hines for 2007 baggers has an 2.25 bafflle, is blue proof, the tech told me its a completely redesigned header and muffler. The muffler chamber runs the length of the muffler, and I belive he mentiond around 100 dcb's and 10% hp and tq increase.

I ve ordered one from motorcycle pro shop, for 478.95. They also mentioned the competion race baffles will not fit from earlier hs version.

I thinks he also mentioned you cant look clear thru the muffler, and the back presure is adjustable. Is good for low and midrange tq.

This isnt a recomendation cause I just dont know, Im just saing its what available for 2007 baggers from vance and hines.
Which tech told you that about the BP? Just wondering as it was determined to be the part that killed all power in a 107 build i did. A couple highly respected guys around here said it was not the best for performance.

·
GoFast!
263 Posts
Stratus, ohiomotoxer is talking about RBs horizontal collector layout. The main reason I won't buy one, I'd be constantly burning my right leg off.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts