V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my bike to Fast By Feracci in Willow Grove PA. The owner Mr Faracci does all the custom maps himself and is world known in the sport bike industry and he mostly works with DUCATI'S

Any way he was the only one in my area that has a great reputation in doing custom maps, but the I also heard that sport bikes and Harley's as far as custom tuning are completely different. Not sure how true this is and maybe someone can chime in.

I was told that I shpuld be getting alot more out of my set-up and as you can see on the dyno chart, they only ran the bike to 5,500 RPM's I don't know why and not sure if he took it 6500 RPM's I would see some higher numbers.

She runs a lot better and she pulls and pulls. I will be working on finding someone who can get me higher numbers for my build and to take a look at the fuel table to see if all the levels are where they should be.

Attachments

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the map. Do the tables look right? It's all foriegn to me

Attachments

·
AXTELLERATOR
441 Posts
First thing I noticed was the map hadn't been advanced to tune each cylinder individually. Kind of like tuning only half the engine. Also, if you have a stock ecm without any stage download, then the Harley rev limiter would kick in at 5500 unless the dyno operator incorporates the use of rev-xtend (which the Power Commander has built in as an option and only needs to be enabled ) for people who have stock ecms and want there engines take full use of the rpm spectrum to 6200. I also thought it was strange that he started run #3 at 2900 rpms. You didn't say how much it cost you for the tune, but it should have been half price for what you got. Just my 2 cents.

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I paid around $250 for the run which included the the two (before and after)runs on the dyno and the map. These guys are the only ones in my area.

I was suspicious that he didn't adjust/advance the timing. I noticed that it sems to run a little hott then before and from a stop and pulling out it sometimes feels like it is going to stall out.

I will be calling them today

·
Fastest Chkn N the South!
897 Posts
That AF ratio is all over the place and too fat above 3500. He didn't even get you in the ballpark. You got alot of power left in that thing.

BTW, I finally forked over $15 so that I could see your graph. :yes:

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Dyno numbers

We have already been in contact with Joe's(www.joescyclerepair.com) in regards to this, and he has seen previous tunes(?) from them.
Scott

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Mickeys-Customs said:
I paid around $250 for the run which included the the two (before and after)runs on the dyno and the map. These guys are the only ones in my area.
I was suspicious that he didn't adjust/advance the timing. I noticed that it sems to run a little hott then before and from a stop and pulling out it sometimes feels like it is going to stall out.

I will be calling them today
Only one in your area? You live in PA! Should be a dozen good tuning facilities within 200-300 miles of you. That is no distance to travel for a good tune. The tune is as important as any other part of your build, probably MORE important!

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
That's an easy way to get a flat torque curve................use extreme scaling. 0-100-200 is just crazy scaling when doing a dyno chart..............even gaps of 25 are too big to show the detail of the build.

Steve

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
adlerx said:
Only one in your area? You live in PA! Should be a dozen good tuning facilities within 200-300 miles of you. That is no distance to travel for a good tune. The tune is as important as any other part of your build, probably MORE important!
Any suggestions

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Colonel Sanders said:
That AF ratio is all over the place and too fat above 3500. He didn't even get you in the ballpark. You got alot of power left in that thing.

BTW, I finally forked over $15 so that I could see your graph. :yes:

I think your refering to the before tune AFR. Maybe I'm wrong though.

·
Fastest Chkn N the South!
897 Posts
hdmarsh77 said:
I think your refering to the before tune AFR. Maybe I'm wrong though.
My bad. You're right, I WAS looking at the before and thought it was the after for some reason. Must be color blind. So, scratch what I said earlier.

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
relxn88 said:
First thing I noticed was the map hadn't been advanced to tune each cylinder individually. Kind of like tuning only half the engine. Also, if you have a stock ecm without any stage download, then the Harley rev limiter would kick in at 5500 unless the dyno operator incorporates the use of rev-xtend (which the Power Commander has built in as an option and only needs to be enabled ) for people who have stock ecms and want there engines take full use of the rpm spectrum to 6200. I also thought it was strange that he started run #3 at 2900 rpms. You didn't say how much it cost you for the tune, but it should have been half price for what you got. Just my 2 cents.
Is there anything I can do to make her run better

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Not really anything you can do yourself to make it run better. You just have to find a tuner that will do the job completely. Since you have true duals, they are very easy for the tuner to "sniff" each pipe and map them separately. It looks like he cut off your dyno at 5500 but still mapped you til 6200 so not sure what he did? Some of the timing was changed, but more of it may need to be tweaked.

You have to find someone that will tune in advance map mode which will tune each cyl's fuel and timing separately. Its hard to recomend tuners but the only one i know that might even be close to you would be Brian at Zepka Hd in Pa. or Ken from Black hill customs in Northern NJ. I also heard Andy simon started a new shop, but can vouch for him as i have heard good and bad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Get in touch with Joe's from Hillsides post. When he tuned my bike he did the following for 450.00
108 pulls
112 miles
14 hrs. of dyno time
Got me another 11hp. & 9ft.lbs.
As a back-up you can go to Rosa's Motorcycle shop in Long Island, NY

·
Registered
21 Posts
in the philly area visit Andy Simon ,, as I understand it , that is where CP got their education , as for Eraldo Ferraci , hes probably one of the tops in the internal combustion tuning world ,,, dont fall for the story "that doesnt work with a harley" ,,, they are all 4 stroke hot air pumps

hey RangerBob , very nice town you live in , I visit it regularly

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JackInZoar said:
in the philly area visit Andy Simon ,, as I understand it , that is where CP got their education , as for Eraldo Ferraci , hes probably one of the tops in the internal combustion tuning world ,,, dont fall for the story "that doesnt work with a harley" ,,, they are all 4 stroke hot air pumps

I left several messages regarding the map Ferraci did and no phone calls back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
JackInZoar said:

whats your point ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts