V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Called the dealer yesterday to schedule the 1K service on my RKC. He can't get me in there until the middle of April. I said I have ove 900 miles on the bike, and by that time I'll be well over 1000. He said not to worry, it's no big deal. Maybe not to him, but to me it is... He said the weather is getting nice and everyone's bringing in their bikes now. Was alot more accomodating in January.
But on the bright side, I have almost 1000 miles on the bike and I'm starting to feel real comfortable after a 14 year absence. Still getting used to the highway though, just feels a little uncomfortable sometimes. Well nothing to do but practice, practice , practice :thumbsup:

Jimmy

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
change the oils yourself before bringing it in, that will save you some cash and will get your fresh oil in.

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
brownjams said:
change the oils yourself before bringing it in, that will save you some cash and will get your fresh oil in.
I agree. Takes me about 20 minutes to change oil and filter...easy stuff. In fact the whole service is easy stuff...just do it all yourself.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Ditto to the above posts. The 1K is primarily inspections. Record it in your book, and keep the reciepts. If you don't feel comfortable doing the work, maybe a friend or an independent shop could do it too.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I change all my own oils and adjust bike as needed. I still take it to my dealer the the once over every 5000 miles to make sure bike is adjusted right and no major problems. good thing the 20,000 mile once over they found a worn fuel line inside of the tank, was making a noise. They only charge $50 for every 5000 mile once over which is affordable and it's not like the prices are locally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts