V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first Harley a 1999 Softail Custom.I already have the service manual but I'd like to get an owners manual.As this was the last model year for the Custom I'd like to get as much original litature as possible.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS

·
Registered
84 Posts
cubicinches, check with your dealer. They should have all owners manuals, parts manuals, & service manuals right there.

Another good source is JP Cycles. They have a section covering many years of HD bikes, both parts, and service manuals, not sure on owners manuals though.

Another try would be is to do a search on e-bay for the owners manual of your ride.

Here is another...If your dealer dosen't have the owners manual at their shop, ask them to order one through the MoCo for you.

Hope this helps some, I'm sure others will chime in for more ideas.

Congratulations on your 99 Softail Custom.

Jimmy T

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GREAT IDEAS

I'll start with your first suggestion and work my way down.Thanks for all the leads.I've got plenty of time to read and study since the weather in Chicago so bad.Can't wait till I can put on my first mile.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Manuals

cubic inches,

The easiest way for me has been to call the MoCo, tell them what you want and they will direct your call to the correct place, tell them again what you want, and they will send it to you or to your dealer. It has been that simple for me over the past 18 years.

Ride Safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts