V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1997 ultra EFI. Idles high when engine is hot. Usually after riding 20-30 min idles at 12-13.5. Anyone know how to reset or adjust?? Harley dealer won’t work on it because of year and I’m just getting back to two wheels after several years off due to health. Anyway don’t know or trust smaller shops yet. I’d at least like to know what it might be before I go get possibly screwed. Thanks for any suggestions or help.

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,864 Posts
Check the other thread you posted this question in. I gave you a link to get a factory service manual. That's what you need.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1997 ultra EFI. Idles high when engine is hot. Usually after riding 20-30 min idles at 12-13.5. Anyone know how to reset or adjust?? Harley dealer won’t work on it because of year and I’m just getting back to two wheels after several years off due to health. Anyway don’t know or trust smaller shops yet. I’d at least like to know what it might be before I go get possibly screwed. Thanks for any suggestions or help.
Behind the air cleaner backing plate there is an idle adjustment screw. You need an allen wrench to make adjustment. You will need to remove backing plate to get to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts