V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading up on as much info as I can find on a couple of HDs I'm interested in. Recently joing the forum and now time to get serious about acquiring one.

I've looked at a 1992 FXRP. 36k and third owner. Some maintenance record, mostly from second and current owner. Repaint to a tasteful two tone green/beige and reminds me of some newer Police Roadking color scheme. Current owner has had the FXRP for about five years and he doesn't ride as much, hence, it's on the block. Slight oil leak from seating unused. Overall, good condition with little departure from factory stock but no where close to concourse or show bike, which is fine by me since I'd like one I can ride and enjoy and not a garage queen.

Any and all inputs on this particular year/model, what I should look for and pro's or con's relating to maintenance, etc. is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
I've had a 92 fxr since it was new and it has served me well. I wouldn't be able to check out the bike you are interested in myself. I'd take it to a knowledgeable mechanic or a dealer and get an opinion. But with only 36,000 miles on it, it sounds like a good find. Hope it turns out that way for you.

·
Laughing Poseur
5,259 Posts
sounds great.....a pic and a way to get a hold of the seller would be awesome :whistle:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

A PPI certainly is a good idea. I'm already checking around to find a reputable HD shop in my area.

Speaking of the '92 FXRP, I remember that CHP back then used these as patrol motorbikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts