V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1990 fxrp trike
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought a 1990 fxrp with a mystery design trike kit I don't like how low it sits in the front can I just add fork extensions to it or will it mess up the steering thanks

·
In disguise
2,782 Posts
Whenever I read the words “FXR trike”, I start hearing “Taps” for some reason.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a friend up here custom triple trees. Name of company is machine and design out of Glen Ellyn He makes triple trees for everything Will fill you in on well that thing goes near the best that's Glen Ellyn Illinois I believe the website is machine and Design custom triple trees. Com in Glen Ellyn Illinois in Glen Ellyn Illinois pardon my English

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Hey guys I just bought a 1990 fxrp with a mystery design trike kit I don't like how low it sits in the front can I just add fork extensions to it or will it mess up the steering thanks
Back to the Original Question... Rake/Trail is what needs to be Addressed on a Sidecar Rig, and on a trike..
If it Steers Heavy take some rake away [lower trail Numbers] If it itTwitchy, or Shakes it's head Violently, add some Rake, Higher Trail Numbers.. Having custom trees may be a real Benefit... But, You need to be Mindful of how the Bike Sits... is it Level??

·
Registered
4 Posts
All of this will be addressed by machine and design he is aware of rake Trail Fork length turning radius been doing it for years have a set of his trees on my Super Glide although they are stock rake the stability of thefront end is unbelievable great product will polish or Chrome them for you and take you into a lengthy discussion on what you need to straighten out your trike

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
All of this will be addressed by machine and design he is aware of rake Trail Fork length turning radius been doing it for years have a set of his trees on my Super Glide although they are stock rake the stability of thefront end is unbelievable great product will polish or Chrome them for you and take you into a lengthy discussion on what you need to straighten out your trike
Could Be...IDK them...
You are saying stock rake, aftermarket trees, somehow Changed how yer SuperGlide handles???
That sir, Is Amazing!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's a 1975 FX I've owned it since 1977 the stock trees were getting a little worn out I change the neck bearings and races several times has probably a hundred fifty thousand miles on it and the metal was starting to get fatigued at the pinch Bolt section yes it is amazing what a new set of updated triple trees will do for your motorcycle they were plain old wore out and instead of buying another set which would probably be just as old in the stock version I updated the front end is more stable and I have more adjustment on the preload for the neck bearings

1 - 11 of 11 Posts