V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this 89 flhtcu that rats or a badass squirrel wanted lunch.I have the ser.man but the wires are really screwed up.Does anyone have some pics.if the breaker wiring and colors.I be 71 and the manual is like looking at a view from 100 miles away lol.Any help would be really apreciated

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I had a problem identifying faded wire colors. Cleaning them off with damp cloth helps.
Also are you saying that your manual schematics are not in color? I believe that was the case with mine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is not in color and I cant make them out even with a magnifying glass.if you could just tell mme what the colors are on each one of the breakers that would be a great help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it figured out now if I can wire the later model radio in I will have all wired.Thank you very much for the help

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know it might be late for Zapper2100, But for others with the same problem I can give you a tip that helps me. I copied the schematic into 'paint' on my computer. I use the program to enlarge the schematic and color the wires that I m working on ,then I print it out. The contrast in color helps me follow the wires a little easier. And many times I figure out the problem while I am coloring the wires. I still have an enlarged copy in my shovelhead manual that I colored with pencil and a straight edge 30 years ago, when my eyes were better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts