V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still buying some parts for the rebuild of my EVO. It has 41, 500 +
miles, I put about 1000 on it this summer since I bought in June.
Runs okay, just learning from all the posts here about upgrades to CV
carb. ( not going this route yet) . I got a EV23 cam on ebay for $80.
looking at adjustable pushrods now. Also want to get .030 over
SE pistons and have the heads reworked by Hillside in NewYork.
Budget issue preclude me getting all at once. I have a carb rebuild kit
and in the process of removing carb for cleaning and new gaskets.
Looking for jets. Ineed a #60 slow and #165 main for the old butterfly Keihin carb. Any help out there on where to buy. going to get most parts
from Zanotti's in butler because of discount...

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
i would the Keith black pistons they have a tighter tolerant than the other pistons out their making the engine quieter .no noise in am start up , go to the Andrews web site to see what lift and duration your cam is and talk to your mechanic to see if it will make your build the way you want it . your jets should be easy to find at and after market bike shop . put new lifters in your build also . good luck and enjoy your bike

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Why adjustable pushrods if the heads are coming off?,I'd go with solid as they'll never need adjusting or come loose.
The CV upgrade is worth every penny,just do it!
That said if you are set on using the stock carb at least get the solid intake manifold upgrade to get rid of those damn rubber fittings that always crack and leak.
I had an '84 FXR and an '89 Ultra so I've been down this road a couple times.
I had a 95" build done on my '00 TC with 570 cams and had "Perfectfit" solid pushrods installed as part of the build and they have been rock solid with no worries about adjustment or coming loose.
Just my 2cts,good luck with your build.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
heres what i did to my 92 ultra
30 over kb pistons
ev27 cam
se heads
high lifted roller rockers
stock lifters
s&s super s carb
andrews adjustble push rods
true duals
sampson slip on mufflers
datona twin tech ignition
34 tooth belt drive gear on trans side

iv got 6000 miles on it sense the works been done and iv had no problems whit her , she now is a sweat ride and am verry happy with her preformens. not many guys can say that after they get her done theres always something that just isnt wright. so do your home work before you do the work youll enjoy your ride much more

1 - 5 of 5 Posts